Moving to Cebu

cctenpro
Posted
Posted

I am planning on moving to Subaru in a few months. I am at tennis professional still working and teaching tennis at 63 years old. I have a medical alert service dog and I’m a little worried about bringing him to subdue, does anybody have any knowledge of other service animals in the area or any knowledge at all about bringing a service animal to subdue? He is a medical alert service dog and I cannot have him quarantined as he needs to  be with me 24/7.  Thank you in advance for any information. William 

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, cctenpro said:

I am planning on moving to Subaru in a few months. I am at tennis professional still working and teaching tennis at 63 years old. I have a medical alert service dog and I’m a little worried about bringing him to subdue, does anybody have any knowledge of other service animals in the area or any knowledge at all about bringing a service animal to subdue? He is a medical alert service dog and I cannot have him quarantined as he needs to  be with me 24/7.  Thank you in advance for any information. William 

Good luck with your car. I heard they are all wheel drive!!:hystery:

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, cctenpro said:

I cannot have him quarantined as he needs to  be with me 24/7.

Bringing pets here is relativity easy as long as you have all the paperwork done correctly. in 2012 we moved here with our kat and with all the needed paper we only had one short stop at the airport animal inspection office. 

I suggest you look at the Philippine embassy web site for details and assistance. In short this is the process as close at I can remember. 

We downloaded all the needed forms, took them and the kat to OUR vet. Had OUR vet fill them out. Then took the kat and the paperwork to an embassy approved vet for a quick look. Then took all that paperwork to the embassy (in Los Angeles) and got one of those red tape official form there. We flew on Korean airline which allows kats in the cabin. As I said onse at the Manila airport we went straight to the quarantine office, got the formed stamped and off we went.

Now this was in 2012 so things might be different, but I would wager not by much. Lots of paperwork and leg work but it can be done. Good luck :thumbsup: 

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Do a search for importing animals here on the forum. Department of agriculture seems like the department that clearly explains the process. 

Scott and others have done this without issues.

You could contact airlines about service animals in cabins too. Could be it’s allowed?

What place are you planning to live? Cebu?

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, cctenpro said:

I am at tennis professional still working and teaching tennis at 63 years old. 

Welcome aboard William.  Wow finally, a pro tennis coach that I will probably ask for free advice.....he, he.  

I wish the very best of luck of your journey of a lifetime.  Logistics is a nightmare if you don't plan well ahead.  And you took the initiative to plan right now.  Well done sir.  Respectfully Jake 

• Like 1

cctenpro
Posted
Posted

Thank you all so much for your responses, I must apologize for my spelling because typing on the iPhone is hard for me I speak my texts and Siri does not like my southern accent. Thanks again I know it is Cebu 😃🐶🎾

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Your dog will not need to be quarantined provided you have followed all the instructions for getting him here.  When we moved here six years we brought our two dogs with us.  You would need to check with individual airlines to see if he would be allowed in the passenger cabin.

Here is a good link to get you started.

https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/pet-travel/by-country/pettravel-philippines

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
cctenpro
Posted
Posted

Does anyone have any advice about where to live that would be close to a tennis facility where I could practice and maybe give a few lessons? Thanks again 

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 4/17/2019 at 11:21 PM, Jake said:

Welcome aboard William.  Wow finally, a pro tennis coach that I will probably ask for free advice.....he, he.  

I wish the very best of luck of your journey of a lifetime.  Logistics is a nightmare if you don't plan well ahead.  And you took the initiative to plan right now.  Well done sir.  Respectfully Jake 

Hope he's coming to Negros, sure could use him! 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, RBM said:

Hope he's coming to Negros, sure could use him! 

John Mcenroe.jpg but yes! William Welcome.jpg :wink:

@cctenpro

Edited by Jack Peterson
Cos
  • Like 1