softail
Posted
Posted

Well said.

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted

Sadly, it seems to me that hard honest work is not valued here - good to hear such a positive take on things in the above post

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

I can’t say for sure but I wanna think folks like you speak of are much more common. We simply don’t see it. What we see are misbehaving Filipinos who are far more obvious and we are more likely to comment about the negative. I am guilty of this myself.

The opposite is true as well. Filipinos are more likely to notice Foreigners behaving badly than those of us living quiet lifestyles. 

Edited by Old55
  • Like 3
  • Love it 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Old55 said:

. We simply don’t see it.

As I said but felt it it was worth a mention when I saw it right on my Doorstep as we do tend to only remark/write about the downside :wink:

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

a Thought for the day on this :wink:

It is Worth a little Study of people methinks 

:smile:

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Where I live nearly all of the people have work so during the day it is nice and quiet. They do seem to have a certain amount of community spirit but as you found when doing your road JP they will sit back and let the Kano get on with it even though it benefits them as much as us. I have lived in 4 different location in the Philippines and on the whole I find them hard working and honest and no I don`t own a pair of rose coloured glasses.

• Like 2