ANZAC Day 2020

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

I have been nominated to organise activities for a group of ex Royal Australian Navy sailors for next year.

To assist in the planning of this I am wondering if there are any clubs, pubs or bars in Subic that are already doing something on Anzac day, or in Manila?

TIA

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

I have been nominated to organise activities for a group of ex Royal Australian Navy sailors for next year.

To assist in the planning of this I am wondering if there are any clubs, pubs or bars in Subic that are already doing something on Anzac day, or in Manila?

TIA

I don't recall seeing anything around Subic, but that doesn't mean much.  I have some Aussie and Kiwi friends here; I will ask.

Vasco's bar and resto is the most popular bar for expats inside Subic Freeport, and the owner is an Aussie, so they might do something.

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

The Blue Rock Resort in Burretto normally does something, both the owner and the manager are Aussie.  I haven't been there on ANZAC day for about 5 years though so it may have passed into history when Marty took over as manager.  I'll get in touch with him and ask.

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Marty got back to me pretty quickly, here's his reply:

image.png

Marty and Mick are great guys, if you get in touch with Marty directly he'll be able to sort something out for you.  PM me if you can't read his email address on the above picture.  

• Like 2