Budgetair warning !!!

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

Hi guys theres a company out there called budgetair ,you book them through skyscanner

Do not use this company ,they are charlatans 

My buddy used them to book flights from Clark to the UK , he has lost his money even though he bought their cancellation insurance

Check them out online , dont go by the trust pilot acreditation , check out the other stuff online 

If you phone them up , you get their call answering system holding you up for ever , no one answers , then you check your phone bill ,yes they charge you to call them 

Their email system does not allow you to contact them 

The only way i got through was on messenger and the reply was a rude one

• Sad 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, bastonjock said:

he has lost his money even though he bought their cancellation insurance

Are you positive on that?  I notice their site says

BudgetAir will impose its own standard administration fee in the event of a cancellation or changes to a booking of £55.00 per flight, hotel or car booking. ... Customers should note that refund of flight bookings may take up to 6 months.

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Are you positive on that?  I notice their site says

Try contacting them lol , what their site says and what they do are two different things 

Try sending a contact email , use the letters BUK and a made up number to see if you can get through

Their messsage from messenger said that we would have to claim the insurance, but so far they have not responded to requests for the insurance company details , i sent in photos of the booking etc 

If you google bugetair reviews , there are some horror stories on there about them cancelling the return leg of peoples journeys and leaving the people stranded , pepple turning up at airports to find that their tickets have been cancelled and people not being refunded despite taking out insurance 

• Thanks 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, bastonjock said:

Try contacting them lol ,

Given all you have said Previously and again today (Re the Wedding) I am very surprised that a man with your money even thinks to entertain a Budget Airline or its Booking Service But...................................:wink: Thats life I guess :huh:

• Like 1
  • Love it 1
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Given all you have said Previously and again today (Re the Wedding) I am very surprised that a man with your money even thinks to entertain a Budget Airline or its Booking Service But...................................:wink: Thats life I guess :huh:

It was his friend who was taken advantage of.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, bastonjock said:

then you check your phone bill ,yes they charge you to call them 

Just to clarify.  "They" did not charge you for the call.  The charge was on the phone bill, it was the service provider who charged for the call.  

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Old55 said:

It was his friend who was taken advantage of.

:89:

14 hours ago, bastonjock said:

Their messsage from messenger said that we would have to claim the insurance, but so far they have not responded to requests for the insurance company details I sent in photos of the booking etc 

Seems to me Sir, the Story has some cracks in it But...........................:whatever:

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

My buddy has had an email from budget air stating tfat they are going to send a refund , there is no mention of the cancellation insurance and the amount is about £160.00 less than the ticket cost 

bob1965
Posted
Posted

If he paid by credit card he should contact the credit card company. I had a ticket booked on wow...which I booked 5 days before the declared bankruptcy!!!....my credit card company reimbursed the full amount bc I did not receive the service.