Foreign Workers

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Moderators feel free to not let this go if I happen to be outside the rules, no problems.

My very sedate partner who never gets mad even when I have one beer too many was upset last night even said the F word which is very unusual for her.

The reason was that someone had broken the news that over the last couple of years 3.06 million workers have entered the country from a certain country that makes a lot of things, and said country is in dispute with the United States at the moment over trade.

But the word on the street is that they are not only taking jobs of the locals but earning more money.

He certainly did do a deal with them, but for what return? I haven't seen much progress in the promised railway, or much else for that matter.

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, Onemore52 said:

He certainly did do a deal with them, but for what return? I haven't seen much progress in the promised railway, or much else for that matter.

The only progess that I've see so far are videos of Filipino fishermen being permitted to sell fish to Chinese seamen, instead of having their fish stolen by the Chinese, or having their boats chased away by the Chinese Coast Guard.  Maybe that's the whole deal?

• Sad 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

China is set to take over the Philippines... and then the world !   :boom:

( Question is :.... will this adversely affect my already paltry pension ?  :89:)

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, graham59 said:

China is set to take over the Philippines... and then the world !   :boom:

( Question is :.... will this adversely affect my already paltry pension ?  :89:)

I wonder just how bold the Chinese would be about taking over the Islands if the US military bases were still in the Phills? Maybe not so much.:pow: 

graham59
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

I wonder just how bold the Chinese would be about taking over the Islands if the US military bases were still in the Phills? Maybe not so much.:pow: 

Absolutely.

I was living in Angeles before, during,  and after the negotiations (and Pinatubo).

One of the most idiotic 'moves' the Phils government ever made.  :rolleyes:

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

I remember reading Chinese laborers were on 4k per day here whilst the Filipinos got 5-600. Quite amazing really, loan a country money that you know has collateral then make them pay the money to contractors from China lol.

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted

china.JPG

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Close, but Napolean was French and is actually believed to have said " Laissez donc la Chine dormir, car lorsque la Chine s'éveillera le monde entier tremblera"  Google translates that to mean "So let China sleep, because when China wakes up the whole world will tremble"

Why the semantics?  Because there are more misquotes than actual quotes on the Internet so I believe none of them without doing proper research.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1