It's a dogs life.

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

As I have mentioned in other threads there is a river at the back of our property, about a hundred meters wide.

On most evenings I take the 3 dogs down to the river, I throw the ball with one of those launcher things the dogs go in and retrieve the ball while I sit on the bank with my beers, the dogs get exercised and I get to drink my beer in peace, a win win situation.

Last night as normal down to the river we went, the dogs know when it is time as soon as they see me filling my small cooler that takes 6 beers.

Things were a bit different last night because both females are coming on heat, yes at the same time, so "old mate" is going to be busy here in a few weeks.

While everything was going smoothly, I was throwing the ball and drinking beer at the same time, I am very talented, anyway the two bitches nearly being on heat started to quarrel and  a dominance thing started, "old mate" sitting next to me looked up at me as if to say, what the phuck is going on here and started looking at the cows ignoring the quarrel the bitches were having.

So when the beers were consumed and the dogs were tired out I headed back to house to sit on the verandah and enjoy sunset, and not with a cup of tea either.

While I am sitting there contemplating whether I should switch to wine, or a gin and tonic my serenity was interrupted by the partner having an argument with someone on the phone over some stupid thing.

Not much different to what just happened down at the river.

Makes you wonder sometimes

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

As I have mentioned in other threads there is a river at the back of our property, about a hundred meters wide.

On most evenings I take the 3 dogs down to the river, I throw the ball with one of those launcher things the dogs go in and retrieve the ball while I sit on the bank with my beers, the dogs get exercised and I get to drink my beer in peace, a win win situation.

Last night as normal down to the river we went, the dogs know when it is time as soon as they see me filling my small cooler that takes 6 beers.

Things were a bit different last night because both females are coming on heat, yes at the same time, so "old mate" is going to be busy here in a few weeks.

While everything was going smoothly, I was throwing the ball and drinking beer at the same time, I am very talented, anyway the two bitches nearly being on heat started to quarrel and  a dominance thing started, "old mate" sitting next to me looked up at me as if to say, what the phuck is going on here and started looking at the cows ignoring the quarrel the bitches were having.

So when the beers were consumed and the dogs were tired out I headed back to house to sit on the verandah and enjoy sunset, and not with a cup of tea either.

While I am sitting there contemplating whether I should switch to wine, or a gin and tonic my serenity was interrupted by the partner having an argument with someone on the phone over some stupid thing.

Not much different to what just happened down at the river.

Makes you wonder sometimes

Would like to join you one evening for that. You would have to put us up for the night though. Can't drive back home to Noveleta after more than 4 beers!:cheers: HAHA