The marvels of modern technology

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

Im having a rant 

For about 4 weeks now my employers new sooper dopper  computer job allocation system has been getting introduced,  lord knows how much money it cost 

Over the last 4 weeks its been down for 59% of the time

This means that around 5000 employes have been standing around doing nothing ,  thats a lot of lost money 

Guess thats the bosses bonus gone again 

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
37 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

So you know now how it will be when you eventually retire here  Welcome.jpg To the Real Philippines

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

So you know now how it will be when you eventually retire here  Welcome.jpg To the Real Philippines

Yes its called retirement training lol

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, bastonjock said:

Im having a rant 

.......computer job allocation system has been getting introduced,  lord knows how much money it cost 

This means that around 5000 employes have been standing around doing nothing ,  thats a lot of lost money 

Well Baston, you could always go back to the old school way.  You can walk around with a cup of coffee, barking orders from a clipboard?

Or just go an extended vacation in PI, barking at the moon in ecstasy.....he, he.  

• Love it 1
  • Haha 2

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jake said:

Well Baston, you could always go back to the old school way.  You can walk around with a cup of coffee, barking orders from a clipboard?

Or just go an extended vacation in PI, barking at the moon in ecstasy.....he, he.  

Funny you should say that jake ,one of my hobbies that i like to do is looking at the stars  , so now i just need to start barking hehe

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, bastonjock said:

Funny you should say that jake ,one of my hobbies that i like to do is looking at the stars  , so now i just need to start barking hehe

Don't get your hopes up too much. Between the humidity, clouds and smoke, you will find it difficult to see the stars much if you are returning to Davao... You will be able to see the moon sometimes, though.

And why are you guys talking about barking? There is a neighbourhood dog barking now that will sometimes bark (I know...crazy... but one day I counted while I was sitting in the CR!) over 60 times in one go without a break...stop to - maybe take a breath?...then start up again...sometimes drives me nuts!

• Like 2

marine6357
Posted
Posted
On 7/1/2019 at 10:13 AM, Jake said:

You can walk around with a cup of coffee, barking orders from a clipboard?

sounds like many old Master Chief's I knew lol. Does that include the dent in their stomachs where the coffee cup rested hahahahaha.

• Haha 3

Rayj
Posted
Posted
On 7/1/2019 at 6:53 AM, bastonjock said:

............Guess thats the bosses bonus gone again .

????:89: HA!  GOOD one!    :hystery:

• Haha 2

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
On 7/1/2019 at 5:53 AM, bastonjock said:

For about 4 weeks now my employers new sooper dopper  computer job allocation system has been getting introduced,  lord knows how much money it cost 

Another fine example of:  "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, marine6357 said:

sounds like many old Master Chief's I knew lol. Does that include the dent in their stomachs where the coffee cup rested hahahahaha.

It reminds me of watching union workers in Seattle doing roadwork... Three or four guys standing around with a coffee cup  in one hand, a cigarette in the other chatting and watching with the fourth guy slowly moving stuff around with his shovel - no rush there...