Senate Wants Road Board Execs Charged With Plunder

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

While I understand that there may be large scale corruption in some agencies in the Philippines, how can an amount this large go unnoticed for so long? We are talking many billions a year, and then if true, where did all that money go? :SugarwareZ-034: 11/10/2009 A Senate panel, claiming to have found prima facie evidence against Road Board executives on their alleged misuse of the bulk of the P60.5-billion road users

TheMason
Posted
Posted

I thought it was appropriate to include this article in the culture section rather than the headlines section. Personally, I think the only reason this is being brought up is because the chief plunderers failed to payoff the proper people in the proper amount. I seriously doubt the ombudsman's office will do anything about this. After all, its the same govt. agency that listened to the 'Hello, Garci' tapes and concluded nothing improper had taken place.Its been my experience here that most Filipinos are corrupt. They have no problems lying, cheating, or stealing if it will give them a personal benefit. They generally don't care how their actions impact others and will do whatever they can to get an advantage over the next guy. Its just the culture of the country.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I don't think most Filipinos are dishonest however I do think most involved politically are thieves. Philippines is a Kleptocracy. Some blame Marcos but it was the early Spanish that founded the ruling family's.Yep, he did not share the spoils with the right people or did not follow instructions from the puppet masters. Lucky to be alive.

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted

As they say,If you want to make a small fortune, spend a large fortune;but to make a large fortune, go into politics.The only problem with the politics here is:plus