It's Showtime

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted

Does anyone watch ‘It's Showtime’ on ABS-CBN or TFC.

My wife and I like to watch the ‘tawag ng tanghalan’ part of the show, but recently it seems as if it’s much harder than usual to tell the boys from the girls.

It’s become almost painful to watch/listen to Vice Ganda ask so many contestants questions that include:

- Are you a bakla or a transwoman?

- Are you a tomboy or a transman?

Don’t get me wrong, since I’m perfectly OK with the diversity of genders in the Philippines and the rest of the world.  The world would be a much duller place without diversity of all types!

However, wouldn’t it be easier if the contestants had some type of color-coded badges or pins to identify which gender or preference they identify with?  Wouldn’t that be an easy solution for knowing more about the contestants? (without being grilled by Vice ganda)

• Haha 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

However, wouldn’t it be easier if the contestants had some type of color-coded badges or pins to identify which gender or preference they identify with?  Wouldn’t that be an easy solution for knowing more about the contestants? (without being grilled by Vice ganda)

"Mark, wouldn't that be "profiling'? which from other Topics would suggest you seem to be against :mellow:

• Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

Does anyone watch ‘It's Showtime’ on ABS-CBN or TFC.

No...never. L loves to watch that, when I am cooking or otherwise busy. She really enjoys watching all the gays. I really don't understand the fascination about them. I am 100% A/C and just don't get it. Maybe because I am old and old-fashioned?

Hmmm... she also loves watching the Kardashians - which I hate! Plastic people so full of themselves with their superficial, fake and ridiculous "dramas!" Yuck!

• Like 2

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

"Mark, wouldn't that be "profiling'? which from other Topics would suggest you seem to be against :mellow:

Nah, Vice Ganda is already doing the profiling anyway... it would just save time for more singing if they each wore a pin or a badge.

• Hmm thinking 1