Newer Philippine Artist/Singer

intrepid
Posted
Posted

I think it was several years back a member started a topic asking if any members were related or friends with any celebrities here in the Philippines.  My wife’s family has been in the spotlight here for many years.  However, until now I had decided to keep that private for many reasons but now I would like to share one of the family’s newcomer,  Ana Ramsey. She is the niece of my wife’s brother.  I have watched her growing up since 10 years old and saw how she has developed into a great singer.  She has won many contests over the years including the 2014 EuroPop Festival in Germany.  We are so proud of her.  Most recently she has been a weekend DJ for MOR radio 101.9 radio station.  She has released a couple singles but below is the launch of her first Music Video, linked below.  Although it is in Tagalog, you should be able to get the understanding from watching the video.  I also Linked one of my favorites of her singing one of Adeles songs. It's in English so a little easier for us guys.  Hope you enjoy it and if so, you can easily see more of her on you YouTube or check her out on Facebook. 

Thanks JGF for the okay to post.

• Like 3
  • Love it 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)

She is great!  You have known her since 10, so I ask, once it was realized she had talent, did she have formal vocal training, or she did it all on her own?

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted

She developed all her singing on her own.  She went to college with a major in Mass Communication/Media.  I suppose she took some classes for singing also.  She later performed with and had support from her Aunt Elizabeth Ramsey.  Seems to run in the family.  My daughter has a beautiful voice but after watching first hand what goes into the entertainment business, she has already said she wants no part of it.  I hope she does not change her mind.  However, I will say Ana is a well grounded and very humble person.  If you were to meet her off stage she is like a shy little girl until she gets to know you.

• Like 2