Student Driving Permit Dumaguete

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

For those members living in Dumaguete:

Lynne wants a student driver's permit (mainly for ID).  We downloaded the form.  Looks like she fills it out, gets a medical, pays her money and gets a student permit.

Question is can she do it at LTO Robinson's Mall or does she have to go to LTO downtown.  Also, where are the authorized medical clinics in Dumaguete to do the medical for her?

• Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Question is can she do it at LTO Robinson's Mall or does she have to go to LTO downtown.  Also, where are the authorized medical clinics in Dumaguete to do the medical for her?

She can do it at Robinsons but i don't think she will get it the same day, it has to be encoded at the main office. Both offices have facilities very close for the medicals Downtown just a way about 40 meters . Robinsons Right next door to the Office

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Sim went to Robinsons yesterday and they were offline,again, she was told come back Friday. She did her medical there but now has to wait again on Friday to hand in the paperwork.

• Thanks 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I just said to my wife I will take you to Robinsons and she said no I have to go to the main office as the staff at Robinsons told me to do that. Once again something here which is not worth a toss, why have an office if it is unfunctional.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
50 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

Once again something here which is not worth a toss, why have an office if it is unfunctional.

To keep people employed? :whistling:

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

I just said to my wife I will take you to Robinsons and she said no I have to go to the main office as the staff at Robinsons told me to do that. Once again something here which is not worth a toss, why have an office if it is unfunctional.

A bit like having a Philhealth office in Robinson's mall but having to go next door to the post office to pay the fee! 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
On 8/30/2019 at 6:57 AM, Mike J said:

To keep people employed? :whistling:

You just hit the nail on the head.  There is more to the story that just became apparent today.

I drove Lynne to the downtown LTO.  Actually I dropped her off down the street where she could get her medical.  (That is just a useless document required for a student permit.  There was no actual medical test of any kind but the document was filled in as required.)

So Lynne reported in at LTO at 0930 this morning and this is what they told her:  "Sorry, we only accept applications for 50 Student Permits per day.  They are all gone at 0800 and no you cannot reserve a spot in advance.  By the way, the application form that you downloaded from the Internet and filled in is not good enough.  Here is the document we use.  It is exactly the same thing but slightly different and we want you to fill it in with black pen, not typewritten.  The reason for all of this is the higher ups have decided to cut staff so we cannot service as many people now.  Many are coming here from Cebu City as they cannot get in the door there.  Please be back before 8 am to try again tomorrow.  We do not open until 8 am so some people show up at 6 am to line up to be sure to be one of the 50.  Its up to you."

She will try again tomorrow.  At least she has all the correct documents now . .  we hope.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

You just hit the nail on the head.  There is more to the story that just became apparent today.

I drove Lynne to the downtown LTO.  Actually I dropped her off down the street where she could get her medical.  (That is just a useless document required for a student permit.  There was no actual medical test of any kind but the document was filled in as required.)

So Lynne reported in at LTO at 0930 this morning and this is what they told her:  "Sorry, we only accept applications for 50 Student Permits per day.  They are all gone at 0800 and no you cannot reserve a spot in advance.  By the way, the application form that you downloaded from the Internet and filled in is not good enough.  Here is the document we use.  It is exactly the same thing but slightly different and we want you to fill it in with black pen, not typewritten.  The reason for all of this is the higher ups have decided to cut staff so we cannot service as many people now.  Many are coming here from Cebu City as they cannot get in the door there.  Please be back before 8 am to try again tomorrow.  We do not open until 8 am so some people show up at 6 am to line up to be sure to be one of the 50.  Its up to you."

She will try again tomorrow.  At least she has all the correct documents now . .  we hope.

So thats where the, "More fun in the Philippines" slogan came from. :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

When the wife and I renewed our driver license last month we did all the paperwork, pee test, physical, paid fees, etc in Carcar.  After spending almost three hours there, we were then told we had to go to SM Mall in Cebu City to get the actual license.  At the time they had the only machine in all of Cebu to print the new license.  There was a sign that said they were printing for Cebu, Bohol, and part of Negros.  So don't be surprised if your trials and frustrations jump to a whole new level.  At SM Mall they were limited to (I think) about 250 licenses per day.  The line of course forms long before they open.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Mike J said:

At the time they had the only machine in all of Cebu to print the new license. 

I will get a new printer next week so any licence or what ever you need message me  :whistling:

• Haha 2