German Zoo Owner Nabbed For Unlicensed Guns

Guest OceanBreeze
Posted
Posted
A German zoo owner was arrested in Puerto Galera, Mindoro Oriental late Wednesday after the police seized from him a number of unlicensed firearms, a police official said Thursday. Mario Lutz, 42, who owned a reptile zoo and snake farm in Sitio (sub-village) Minolo in Barangay (village) San Isidro was arrested at around 8:30 p.m., Supt. James Brillantes, Puerto Galera police chief, said in a text message. Brillantes said the police recovered a .45 hand gun and a .22 pistol, two rifles and several boxes of assorted ammunitions. The police found the guns registered under Lutz's live-in partner, Jocelyn Rodolfo, but the licenses had already expired. The search warrant was issued by Judge Edgardo Padilla of the San Teodoro Municipal Trial Court.
Source: inquirerStrange story ... guns are registered under his partner; she didnt renew it and HE was arrested ?? Stinks ... By the way .. this is his website: herpaworld

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted

One thing i would say is wait for the full facts. There always seem to be another side to every story in the Philippines.

Mik
Posted
Posted

The gun licensing law stinks. It's just a step away from confiscation. I would rather see the government take a step back and put an end to licensing. I don't like gun registration either, but the government could just require registration at time of purchase and require the owners to report a change of address and report the sale of their firearms. Why hassle otherwise law abiding citizens living a peaceful life? .

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted
The gun licensing law stinks. It's just a step away from confiscation. I would rather see the government take a step back and put an end to licensing. I don't like gun registration either, but the government could just require registration at time of purchase and require the owners to report a change of address and report the sale of their firearms. Why hassle otherwise law abiding citizens living a peaceful life? .
No doubt there is something going on or has been in the background. But in a country with at least 1million unlicensed weapons and manufacturing going on illegally.. I dont think its as cut and dry as the media are making out.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
No doubt there is something going on or has been in the background. But in a country with at least 1million unlicensed weapons and manufacturing going on illegally.. I dont think its as cut and dry as the media are making out.
I have found that even in the US, it is much easier to go after people who make mistakes and fail to renew a license than to catch actual criminals who have illegal guns because that might take some real police work. My guess is the man's wife just forgot to renew, and IMO everyone who has been legal, should first be given a chance to become legal again by renewing with a late fee and maybe even a small fine but not arrested because we are all human and all are capable of the mistake of forgetting to renew a license, and besides that I seriously doubt that someone who went to the trouble of obtaining a license in the first place would not renew it on purpose.

Guardian
Posted
Posted

I am not really sure why the average person would even need a gun and there has been more than enough killing in this world. I prefer to just use my hands and feet. :thumbsup: :yes:

Mik
Posted
Posted
I am not really sure why the average person would even need a gun and there has been more than enough killing in this world. I prefer to just use my hands and feet. :thumbsup: :yes:
See: http://www.garymcleod.org/1/ConstitutionSoc/guns.htm"No freeman shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson.