Ideas To Save On Transfer Costs

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted

Im just getting ready for work and was thinking of a couple of ideas. One thing that bothers me is the delay it takes to get to the Philippines to get it cheap. But if I need it urgently its expensive. So what options could get round it?1. Firstly I have a daughter in the UK I need to send a regular allowance to which leaves me either leaving money in the bank in the UK or being able to get money into it from the Philippines. So it would make sense to me that an agreed rate is met between myself and another British expat who needs to get money to Cebu transfers money into my bank in the UK and I give his receiver in Cebu the money in Pesos. That way its a fast transfer and we both save on exchange rates and commission.2. Ingoing foreigner meets an outward bound foreigner and exchange before or at the airport so they gain back the home currency from money they didnt spend and the incoming doesnt get ripped off at the airport.any other ideas on saving money on transfers?

• 1 month later...
tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted

I have been thinking about this idea for a while for anyone needing money from the UK. As I have funds in Cebu as well as in the UK but I was wondering how much would people be willing to pay for a same day transfer ? E.g. you transfer money to my UK bank account from a UK bank account and I transfer money (or deliver) in Pesos here in Cebu same day from my Peso account. It wont be a big venture but likely to transfer upto

TheMason
Posted
Posted
I have been thinking about this idea for a while for anyone needing money from the UK. As I have funds in Cebu as well as in the UK but I was wondering how much would people be willing to pay for a same day transfer ? E.g. you transfer money to my UK bank account from a UK bank account and I transfer money (or deliver) in Pesos here in Cebu same day from my Peso account. It wont be a big venture but likely to transfer upto