BPI new rules

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

This might be of interest to some Brits

BPI EUROPE IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
Effective 23December2019, we will no longer be providing remittance services through our Earl's Court Branch and the BPI online banking platform. Furthermore, if you wish to retain your deposit account with us, please top up your account for the new minimum amount requirement of GBP5,000.00 to be maintained to keep your account open.

Gary D
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

This might be of interest to some Brits

BPI EUROPE IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
Effective 23December2019, we will no longer be providing remittance services through our Earl's Court Branch and the BPI online banking platform. Furthermore, if you wish to retain your deposit account with us, please top up your account for the new minimum amount requirement of GBP5,000.00 to be maintained to keep your account open.

I wonder if there is a typo there as my HSBC account only requires about £1800 (100,000 pesos)

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
40 minutes ago, Gary D said:

I wonder if there is a typo there as my HSBC account only requires about £1800 (100,000 pesos)

5000 pounds doesn't seem right unless they no longer want the business.  They still have 500 pounds on their website and my USD account min is $500.

https://www.bpiexpressonline.com/p/1/326/deposit-rates-savings-and-checking

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I copied that so I am not sure if the figure is 5k or 500. The main point I think is that they will no longer do transfers according to the post. As for it saying 500 on the website how many times is the information we get here, online out of date .

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Begs the question; As one bank goes will the others follow?:89:

• Hmm thinking 2