Veco: No Power Interruptions Today

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)

They can provide power without interruption during the fight which will be when the most people are watching it and the most TV's and A/C units will be going full blast and many people will also be cooking, which to me would be all out power usage, yet they say there will be no interruptions. That tells me that all this is a prelude to power outages during the elections and has already been planned for. What do you think? CEBU, Philippines - Due to the rotating brownouts that continue to hit Cebu, many boxing fans are worried that they would miss the Manny Pacquiao-Miguel Cotto fight today.But the Visayan Electric Company Inc. assured yesterday that there will be no power interruptions during the much awaited boxing event of the year.VECO spokesperson Ethel Natera said the usual power demand for Sundays is always low and they don’t expect power supply shortage. Yes but most Sundays everyone is not glued to their TV's and staying home or out in bars or the malls, so the power usage should be higher because the malls etc still have to stay cool even if fewer people go. So unless I am missing something, this does not add up. Link to the complete story

Edited by Mr. Lee

TheMason
Posted
Posted
They can provide power without interruption during the fight which will be when the most people are watching it and the most TV's and A/C units will be going full blast and many people will also be cooking, which to me would be all out power usage, yet they say there will be no interruptions. That tells me that all this is a prelude to power outages during the elections and has already been planned for. What do you think? CEBU, Philippines - Due to the rotating brownouts that continue to hit Cebu, many boxing fans are worried that they would miss the Manny Pacquiao-Miguel Cotto fight today.But the Visayan Electric Company Inc. assured yesterday that there will be no power interruptions during the much awaited boxing event of the year.VECO spokesperson Ethel Natera said the usual power demand for Sundays is always low and they don