A different woman

stevewool
Posted
Posted

It’s been nearly a week of being back together here in the Philippines and things have started to change in Emma, the walking has suddenly gotten slower, the  portions on the plate has got bigger, the talking ( screaming ) has got louder, the shopping has got longer.

Yes the walking ,I do know I walk fast but over the years I have either held on to her hand or just slowed down a little, but here her walking is like someone dragging there feet across the ground, one minute we are side by side chatting then the next she is a good few feet behind me.

Food ,well it’s being back in the family home something is cooking or has been cooked so it’s time to eat and eat and then eat again.

I thought talking on the phone from England to here was a shouting match , but it’s the same when they are all in the same room, it all sounds like a big argument and it’s about to kick off.

Shopping , up and down ever isle looking and once you get to the end repeat, ‘ what you looking for I ask’ and yes we past that what seems like a life time ago, in the supersave shop I know where everything is now, well all that I am interested in anyway.

It is certainly different and it’s fun most of the times , and yesterday I said let’s walk like we are back home, amazingly she was ahead of me .

• Like 4
  • Love it 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Has she forgot to change languages yet when she speaks to you. You will quickly stop being her centre of attention as she moves more into the family circle. It soon becomes apparent how tight Philippine families are and that you are an outsider.

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted
Just now, Gary D said:

Has she forgot to change languages yet when she speaks to you. You will quickly stop being her centre of attention as she moves more into the family circle. It soon becomes apparent how tight Philippine families are and that you are an outsider.

Yep, but I don’t mind that at all, I can see she is happy talking the talk and I will just keep myself busy.

But she tells everyone in the room to talk English to uncle Steve or Steve , and they do for a while but they all from the old Ones to the young ones say ‘we are shy ‘.

Then I have to remind Ems you are telling everyone to talk English to me YOU TALK ENGLISH to me :hystery:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
stevewool
Posted
Posted

It’s getting worst, she has her own mind , it’s pointing with the lips most of the time, the rest of the time those lips are munching on some bone marrow or a lump of fat or even picking the bits of fish between the bones, my Ems has been eaten by this bigger Filipino, talk about sharing a bottle of water, I take a few sips , she just glug glug glug and it’s gone and talk about Facebook, it’s 24/7 .

The best thing has yet to come, the debut is happening today, and I know what’s going to happen, Do I look big in this , or it won’t fasten , just relax Steve and make sure your brain is in gear before you open you big mouth .

• Haha 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, stevewool said:

before you open you big mouth .

Good advice..unless you want problems.:console:

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, stevewool said:

It’s getting worst, she has her own mind ,

Steve, I have to honest.  This part of your post bothers me quite a bit.  To disallow a person we love to have their own "sense of self" would be a tragedy for both parties.  I hope you were going for a bit of humor, if that was the case my sincere apology. 

• Haha 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Steve, I have to honest.  This part of your post bothers me quite a bit.  To disallow a person we love to have their own "sense of self" would be a tragedy for both parties.  I hope you were going for a bit of humor, if that was the case my sincere apology. 

Mike there is no need for apologies, it’s my way of humour, I am proud to say I love my Ems so much  and she can and does her own thing .

I am lucky that we both have a great sense of humour between us and that’s important plus doing your own thing without upsetting your partner.

• Like 1

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

My wife is the same the walking thing " slow down your too fast ! The shopping thing , its usually go into a shop for example to buy a dress or similar she picks up one , " mmmm too expensive " then  its all around the store, then back to the "expensive one " and she buys that ! Family gatherings mmmmm Its " hello Uncle bob,etc " then once they begin to start talking i might just as well go for a 5 mile jog ! Im used to it anyway all the shouting, hand gestures etc.

Speaking with the lips pointing 🤣 and whats with these anos ? " its darling please help me look for this ano, or i cant remember what ano i bought,  an ano could be a cup,a handbag in fact anything !

Food well for me it always has to be cooked the same day i eat it ! And after a bout of food poisoning  i only eat from places outside like Jollibees etc and our regular restaurants. The little woman however will cook fish on the monday and it will last her until weds ! But with all their funny ways we still love them ! and i know she loves me ! But i do have a rival ! Its her baby Arnie our dog ! I wouldnt say he was spoilt but his Chewstick treats costs over 1500 pesos ! 

• Love it 1