Tidy up after yourselves

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Last Friday night over the road from us there is a construction yard, they seem to work from here with all there big lorries and other equipment stored here, there is coming and goings most days, but last Friday they had stored the vehicles away and there was tables With tablecloths and chairs and it was looking like there was going to be a party , well talking , shouting , singing all night long and I think it went onto around 4 am the next day.

Anyway as we are in the ninth floor and can see and hear everything it looked like a good night/ morning was had by all, when we looked at the next day everyone had gone but all the tables was full of plates , plastic cups , food in other words crap, it was like this for a good few hours until people started to wake , then as they just kept on walking past everything until this one women got hold of the tablecloths and just pulled them and everything on those tables went onto the floor, this was Saturday, Sunday the tables and chairs was being stack and all the crap was still on the floor, it is now Monday morning the tables and chairs have all gone and guess what, yes the crap is still on the floor, yes I am in another country but being brought up to clean up after yourself, seeing this takes some getting use too.

Its just like going to the fast food outlets, most other country I have been to you clear away your things but here you leave it for someone else, it’s a paid job for someone to do that, it’s a funny world we live in.

Freebie
Posted
Posted

In a similar vein try finding a garbage bin. Its a near impossibility.

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Freebie said:

In a similar vein try finding a garbage bin. Its a near impossibility.

Funny thing you say that, and yes I have not seen a garbage bin at all, but I see street cleaners everyday on the streets where we are, and they do a very good job too.