What do i tell imigration if i plan on living there.

The Carabao Whisperer
Posted
Posted (edited)

I want to life again Philippines and will arrive there soon,

The thing I do in the Philippines is rent a cheap room in province and read/study all day and enjoy nature.

Last time at the immigration they interrogate me for long time it was not fun, they saw I had hotel booked for 2 persons and apparently curios about my hookups.

I bought cheap refundable ticket and printed a proof of funds but have 0 plans.

I wonder if i it is dumb to tell them I plan on living there and will extend

Edited by Dave Hounddriver

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, The Carabao Whisperer said:

I wonder if i it is dumb to tell them I plan on living there and will extend

Yes , just tell them you are on vacation or visiting your GF if you have one. Then extend your visa as required. 

• Like 3

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Just turn up as if on holiday.  Once here you can worry about extensions etc.  If you are here on holiday they'll only ask basic questions.  Once you decide to stay and before your free visa runs out go to a satellite immigration and request an extension.  I've never been asked for reasons why I want to extend in 4 years. 

• Like 2

gery0x
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, The Carabao Whisperer said:

Last time at the immigration they interrogate me for long time it was not fun, they saw I had hotel booked for 2 persons and apparently curios about my hookups.

Why the interrogation, what did you tell them in the first place?!? :89:

Just bring a valid return ticket that can be rebooked and you should be good.

bows00
Posted
Posted

Everyone is giving you good advice.  My recent stay is for 2 months, but when they asked me how long I was staying, I just replied 2 weeks, and they let me go.  But if they look at my passport, it is filled with extensions, so maybe there is a trust factor there.  

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted

If you inform the immigration officer your intention is to live here I doubt you will even be able to start life here.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

5 years plus here minus an overnight at the airport in Singapore...  I don't say I want to live here...  I do say I love it here...  It's so beautiful and the people are so friendly...  The only thing I've been asked after that was if I had a girlfriend...  I admitted I did and got her phone number just in case it didn't last...  That was a couple years ago...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2