Language teaching jobs in Cebu

Chariskeith
Posted
Posted

I'm planning on moving to the Philippines in the near future and I would like to work as an English language teacher in an international language school.I know that most such schools are in Metro Manila,but are there any in Cebu? And how easy or difficult is it to get such jobs?

I

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

There are many expats working online to teach English to other Asian countries.  However English is an official language in the Philippines.  Filipinos pride themselves on the English ability and getting a job teaching English to Filipinos is not going to pay well, that is IF you can get that ob away from the thousands of Filipino applicants.  And then there is your "English" accent (assuming you have one),  many Filipinos do not understand it.  Canadians have a much better chance at teaching English due to their bland lack of accent :rolleyes: :whistling:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Chariskeith said:

And how easy or difficult is it to get such jobs?

Do you have a visa which allows you to work?

You might be able to get a job in a call center training others but most are looking for American English. 

Chariskeith
Posted
Posted

I know most Filipinos speak English,I was really thinking of teaching Koreans/Chinese etc in international language schools.

By the way,UK English speakers are very familiar with American idioms.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Chariskeith said:

I was really thinking of teaching Koreans/Chinese etc in international language schools.

By the way,UK English speakers are very familiar with American idioms.

Good luck.  Anything is possible.