Service Companies

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

OK I have not griped in a while.  So here goes:

A few months ago we needed Globe to come to our office to run a longer wire from the router to the phone.  For some reason the staff was content to have the phone sitting on a plastic chair, haha, but I digress.  It was like pulling teeth to get Globe to actually show up, which I know some of you have complained about before.  

Last week, we decided to add a PLDT service as well for redundancy.  So they showed up, installed their router, made sure its working, etc.  Today I walked in and noticed the damned phone is sitting on a chair again.  "Sorry sir" the new phone cord is not long enough.  WHAT THE BLEEPETY BLEEP.  They ran a fricking cord, which stops 3 feet short of the desk.  Thats the only cord they have, blah blah blah.  Everyone but me just willingly accepts these things as the "way things are."  

Crikey. 

These companies wouldn't last 2 weeks outside of the Philippines. 

• Like 3
  • Love it 1
  • Sad 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Marvin Boggs said:

Everyone but me just willingly accepts these things as the "way things are."  

Crikey. 

These companies wouldn't last 2 weeks outside of the Philippines. 

Well, it is the way things are - and always will be as people here are not motivated enough to improve such things!

Yep...these companies wouldn't do well in some other countries but they are making a very nice living here providing the most basic level of service acceptable as people accept it.   

On the other side though, it is definitely getting better and has improved much since I came here 5 years ago so there is hope! 

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Sounds like it is a Cat5 cable.  They come in "standard" lengths unless you buy bulk cable, connectors, and the special crimping tool required to attached the connectors.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Sounds like it is a Cat5 cable.  They come in "standard" lengths unless you buy bulk cable, connectors, and the special crimping tool required to attached the connectors.

You can of course get Extension cables for phones, most IT shops carry them

• Like 2

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, hk blues said:

You would expect PLDT and Globe engineers to have those basic items

Right?  Or just twist them together :hystery:

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

You can of course get Extension cables for phones, most IT shops carry them

Very true.   You just need to make sure they give you a CAT5 connector and patch cable instead of a standard 4 wire phone cord.

image.jpeg

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

In this case the wires run through a wire mold along the baseboard, no room inside for a big connector.  Its an improvement on the wires being draped along the wall, as it was before we remodeled the entry!  :dance:

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

A few days after xmas we lost our Internet and Landline ! Had no monthly bills from PLDT for Nov and December either by email or post ! Contacted PLDT both by phone and Twitter result being the bills had not been generated ! And the PLDT website was forever having problems ! So the wife takes an old PLDT bill and pays 2000 pesos on the 9th Jan  in Robinsons. And on Friday 10th  we goes to the PLDT office to ask why they had cut us off ! And according to the woman we had not been cut off !
She made a report and said an engineer will be out within 5 - 7 working days !
And on Sunday morning 12th   the home fibre guys arrive ! It turned out that someone had pulled out our connection and replaced it with another ? ( one of the neighbours had fibre installed by homefibre earlier ! )  They said it would need a new cable run  from a box up the road ! But they couldnt do it as they were not installers ? They left and told the wife they would be back ! 
They came back on Tuesday 14th Jan at 12pm 6 guys and 3 vans ! 
2 hours later we were back online.  The Barangay had 2 guys directing the traffic around the vans !

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1