Trees near to your house

stevewool
Posted
Posted

We have a tree that is growing at the back of the house and it’s quite tall it’s a Malunggay tree and the family collect it’s pods for cooking , anyway I have mentioned about this tree being used for people to climb into our bedroom window so I want it chopped down to a smaller hight , and again it’s what are we going to eat and it’s a nice tree and every reason not to cut it down.

Anyway yesterday for some reason the doors to our bedroom and bathroom was locked and the keys was inside the bedroom and we was on the other side ,what do we do , well the builders labourer is fitter leaner then a butchers dog and he soon was up this tree and through the flyscreen and the next minute he’s coming down the stairs.

Yes it was a good job the tree was there plus this lad, but it just goes to show how easy it is to get into someone’s house.

• Like 3

Gary D
Posted
Posted

In a similar situation the BIL slid a pane out of the jalousy and will a 15' bambo and split end turned the door handle across the other side of the room through the window.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

This is why we are having all near or overhanging tree branches removed from adjacent properties to ours. I was told this is perfectly legal and expected. We are informing the owners of our intentions and they are very accepting and understanding of our intentions. They are huge, old mango trees with many long, low branches.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

This is why we are having all near or overhanging tree branches removed from adjacent properties to ours. I was told this is perfectly legal and expected. We are informing the owners of our intentions and they are very accepting and understanding of our intentions. They are huge, old mango trees with many long, low branches.

I didn't know that was legal, same with us adjacent lot has over hanging mango trees. He has cut them back two years ago but have grown back over our land. Salamat for that Tommy.

• Thanks 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

The other problem is the roots.  I see so many people in my subdivision planting trees beside their wall, gate or house and inside of a couple of years all the concrete around them is broken up and lifted.  Silly buggers.  They know it will happen but they do it anyway.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

Yep.... have to keep reminding the Mrs not to plant trees next to our walls.  doh !

We have lots of trees growing... small and mature ones. All now in 'sensible' places.... after I have chopped down or pulled up.  :rolleyes:

I am also constantly pruning our bamboo,  DAILY,  so it doesn't take the place over.  

• Haha 1

gery0x
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

I was told this is perfectly legal and expected. We are informing the owners of our intentions and they are very accepting and understanding of our intentions.

Yes that's true, but of course it's always polite to inform the owners first.

I'm in a similar situation, one of my trees (don't know which kind) is growing over the fence onto a small side street. Whenever the branches are hanging low enough to touch passing by tricycles or cars it's time to trim them down.

Very conveniently, one or two of our neighbors are hobby gardeners and they are sometimes happy to cut the branches for saplings. I also provide them with the necessary tools if needed...

Less work for us, more plants for the neighbors! Everybody is happy :smile:

• Like 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

Overhanging trees and bamboo along our road don't last long... not when the electric company boys come along with their cherry-picker truck, to slice the offending branches off... which they do quite frequently.  I'm happy to see them, because NEED my electricity (and PLDT fiber).   :thumbsup:

• Haha 1