Visa extension stickers-the gold ones

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

It seems they are not using those passport page wasting stickers anymore, or have they just run out?

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

I got one here in Davao. Probably run out at your location. Or sold. :smile:

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

I just went through immigration at T3 Manila airport, where I discovered that they are not issuing the stamps anymore, but you have to have the receipt with you, which I didn't. The officer was very friendly and let me off this time but next time I will have to pay again for the extension if I don't have the receipt.

There ya go.

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

I just went through immigration at T3 Manila airport, where I discovered that they are not issuing the stamps anymore, but you have to have the receipt with you, which I didn't. The officer was very friendly and let me off this time but next time I will have to pay again for the extension if I don't have the receipt.

There ya go.

Lucky you...nice to hear. Here in Bacolod no stickers last 4 months, they always staple receipts in Passport  guess they know the seniors forget.

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

My BB Year was up so I converted to Tourist Visa last month in Dumaguete. They said the stickers were Out of Stock, put a paper receipt in my Passport instead.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, AlwaysRt said:

put a paper receipt in my Passport instead.

And if you leave the country they will look at that paper receipt.  Everyone should be sure to keep it in their passport until they either renew or leave the country.  If you renew they take the old paper out and put in a new paper, at least they did for me.

• Like 2

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Now I know, thanks.Wouldn't it be nice if someone from the BIR, ECU, or whoever would tell me that when I get my extension.

The amount of non information from these people is believable, in other countries in would be unbelievable, that you have to find out this shite from this forum, or when you are about to leave the country, which is when they read the riot act to you..

• Like 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

Wouldn't it be nice if someone from the BIR, ECU, or whoever would tell me that when I get my extension.

The nice lady at the office in CDO made a point of telling me to keep the receipt and bring it with me to the airport when I depart after they they ran out of stickers.

Service can vary but not all of them are bad, some staff actually try to be helpful in my experience.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

My BB Year was up so I converted to Tourist Visa last month in Dumaguete. They said the stickers were Out of Stock, put a paper receipt in my Passport instead.

Passport stickers, license plate stickers,  face masks,  . . . this country will be so screwed if they ever run out of "Out of Stock" notices.  :whistling:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4