Tenant Shoots Landlord Over Unpaid Rent

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

It may not even be safe in the Philippines to be a landlord. This story is ridiculous, why would a tenant think he can stay rent free in someone else's property? Can some one please try to explain this security guards logic to me? A man allegedly shot his landlord in Quezon City Monday night for telling them they were about to be evicted over unpaid rent. :lol:Link to the complete story

TheMason
Posted
Posted
It may not even be safe in the Philippines to be a landlord. This story is ridiculous, why would a tenant think he can stay rent free in someone else's property? Can some one please try to explain this security guards logic to me? A man allegedly shot his landlord in Quezon City Monday night for telling them they were about to be evicted over unpaid rent. :wt-hell:Link to the complete story
Are you really surprised by this story? How many times have you read about 5/6 lenders getting shot by people that owed them money? Its frequently cheaper to kill someone than pay them what you owe. The Philippines is full of desperate people that are barely able to provide the necessities of life to their family. When you threaten to make someone homeless in the Philippines, you should be prepared for a violent reaction. The only thing that really surprises me about this story is that it made the news at all.

• 3 weeks later...
Genius
Posted
Posted
It may not even be safe in the Philippines to be a landlord. This story is ridiculous, why would a tenant think he can stay rent free in someone else's property? Can some one please try to explain this security guards logic to me? A man allegedly shot his landlord in Quezon City Monday night for telling them they were about to be evicted over unpaid rent. :DLink to the complete story
Are you really surprised by this story? How many times have you read about 5/6 lenders getting shot by people that owed them money? Its frequently cheaper to kill someone than pay them what you owe. The Philippines is full of desperate people that are barely able to provide the necessities of life to their family. When you threaten to make someone homeless in the Philippines, you should be prepared for a violent reaction. The only thing that really surprises me about this story is that it made the news at all.
Mr Lee, time to sell an excess apartment at a very bad price to someone, like me ? (Joke!) How much does one in Winland set me back then ?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
It may not even be safe in the Philippines to be a landlord. This story is ridiculous, why would a tenant think he can stay rent free in someone else's property? Can some one please try to explain this security guards logic to me? A man allegedly shot his landlord in Quezon City Monday night for telling them they were about to be evicted over unpaid rent. :DLink to the complete story
Mr Lee, time to sell an excess apartment at a very bad price to someone, like me ? (Joke!) How much does one in Winland set me back then ?
While I know you are joking, I think now is the time to buy and not sell and we will do so if we find any other good deals because I am trying to take a good part of my retirement money out of the states and set up a life for us within the Philippines for the future. Oh, I will answer your question in a condo post later tonight my time when I get done with a few things.