Air travel

Gator
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

Interesting website.

https://www.flightradar24.com/28.96,-172.56/2  

I know it's the real deal because I live along the approach path of the planes going into Manila. Close enough to read most of the tail fin logos, like PAL,etc. It's amazing to me how many aircraft are in the air at any one time. When I see the planes approaching on the computer I can go outside and see the actual plane..kinda cool.

Agree, really cool website, almost too much info to process.

The mobile app is also cool - open the app, point your phone’s camera at a plane flying overhead and the flight info pops up. But what I also think is awesome is the “Pilots View”......open it when a plane is landing and you’ll almost think you’re sitting in the cockpit. 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

I know it's the real deal because I live along the approach path of the planes going into Manila. Close enough to read most of the tail fin logos, like PAL,etc. It's amazing to me how many aircraft are in the air at any one time. When I see the planes approaching on the computer I can go outside and see the actual plane..kinda cool.

I have used that too here in Davao. There have been times I am on the roof terrace of the apartment and seen contrails and the tiny speck of a jet way up at probably 35k feet or so? Then I checked the web site and identified the flight from Australia or somewhere and headed to Manila...

• Like 1

Mick
Posted
Posted

Had this on the phone for years, I paid the initial sign up around 6 years ago for $1 for life, so I can also point the phone camera at any plane in the air as they fly over, gives me all the info on the plane, really good app..... Especially if your picking someone up from the airport, you can track the flight to see exactly what time it will land

• Like 2