Barely Interesting US Embassy Manila Question

OHNO
Posted
Posted (edited)

If the United States Embassy Manila requires time value documents (documents must arrive to them no later then “X”) and the Embassy is corona closed does the mere sending of the documents and obtaining proof of the good faith attempt to get the documents there cover the issue. Can anybody possibly answer such an obscure question? 🤔

Thanks as usual.

Edited by OHNO
Sp

Joey G
Posted
Posted

The mere sending of the documents and obtaining proof of the good faith attempt to get the documents there will not guarantee to cover the issue.  Unless this is an emergency, I would not send any documents (especially hard to acquire original or notarized documents) until you have contacted the embassy when it reopens for regular business, and initiate any time sensitive paperwork at that time.

• Hmm thinking 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Joey G said:

The mere sending of the documents and obtaining proof of the good faith attempt to get the documents there will not guarantee to cover the issue.  Unless this is an emergency, I would not send any documents (especially hard to acquire original or notarized documents) until you have contacted the embassy when it reopens for regular business, and initiate any time sensitive paperwork at that time.

I would think that they would take the currant situation under consideration. It's new to everyone so ride it out and see what happens. This entity has the whole world grasping at straws.:Count_Sheep:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, OHNO said:

and the Embassy is corona closed

Are you sure they are closed? Did you try phoning? Contact details are on their website.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Are you sure they are closed? Did you try phoning? Contact details are on their website.

I saw some notices that they were almost closed.  Tiny skeleton staff.