A New Approach To Punishing Pedophiles

TheMason
Posted
Posted

I just don't know what to make of this story. Dad accused of killing son over sex abuse claimDad reportedly irate upon hearing son had sexual contact with toddler HIGHLAND PARK, Mich. - A 37-year-old fatherirate over hearing his 15-year-old son had sexual contact with a3-year-old girl made the teen strip at gunpoint, marched him to avacant lot and shot him to death despite pleas from the boy and hismother, a relative said.Michiganauthorities filed a first-degree murder charge Wednesday against JamarPinkney Sr. in the shooting death Monday of Jamar Pinkney Jr. in theDetroit enclave of Highland Park.Defenseattorney Corbett O'Meara said prosecutors should consider evidence ofthe father's state of mind over the sex abuse report.http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34025056/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

til
Posted
Posted

The man is crazy to shoot his own son.Another example for someone owning a gun who shouldn't have. Although he might have killed him with something else.This is another one who shouldn't have owned a gun:http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33251920/

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)
The man is crazy to shoot his own son.Another example for someone owning a gun who shouldn't have. Although he might have killed him with something else.This is another one who shouldn't have owned a gun:http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33251920/
While I agree with you that some people should not have guns, I also think that adults (and that kid was old enough to be considered an adult IMO) who have sex with little kids should be executed and that man just did what he felt was the correct thing to do under the circumstances. I only wish he had done it with a bat, knife or something else so people would not blame the gun. I assure you, had he not had a gun, then in that state of mind he would have used whatever he did have. As for the guy killing his fiancee, not enough facts but my guess is he is a nut and should never have owned a gun or been able to buy a gun. The laws in the past did not allow people with mental problems to be included in the FBI data base, so they could not exclude them from buying. Again it is bleeding heart liberals who would not allow those files to be included, so they have no one to blame but themselves when some of those troubled people kill others. Edited by Mr. Lee

til
Posted
Posted

No matter what you or anyone else thinks, self-justice is wrong. Our civilization does not work that way, we are not an anarchist society.Just think: all "evidence" he had was a phone call. Thats crazy.And if you read the article there are hints that what the son probably did, as bad as it is, was nowhere near a deed that would be punished with a death sentence.How about if I start to shoot people who speed in cars? You think thats ok too? After all they are potential murderers, if no-one takes care of them they will surely cause dreadful accidents, etc.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)
While I agree with you that some people should not have guns, I also think that adults (and that kid was old enough to be considered an adult IMO) who have sex with little kids should be executed and that man just did what he felt was the correct thing to do under the circumstances. I only wish he had done it with a bat, knife or something else so people would not blame the gun. I assure you, had he not had a gun, then in that state of mind he would have used whatever he did have.
I do not think you read my post correctly or maybe I was not clear, I do not think what he did was OK, I just said he did what he felt was correct and that I feel that child molesters should be executed. That is my opinion and I feel that trash that do things like that to children do not deserve to live. I have had to read transcripts of some child molestation videos during my life and it made me sick and while I was asked to watch the tapes, I just could not, because I myself may have wanted to kill the person who molested the children in question and then on top of that filmed it. People who do that to children are not only sick but sick beyond repair and they either have to be locked away for the rest of their lives or executed to prevent them from ever injuring another child and one thing more, the injury they do to the child is something that poor child has to live with the rest of their lives, so IMO execution is being kind because if I had a choice, I would tie the person who did it down to a bed in a jail naked and butt up and tell every prisoner to have at it and repeat that daily for the rest of the persons life. Anyone who injures an innocent child deserves to suffer IMO.
No matter what you or anyone else thinks, self-justice is wrong. Our civilization does not work that way, we are not an anarchist society.Just think: all "evidence" he had was a phone call. Thats crazy.And if you read the article there are hints that what the son probably did, as bad as it is, was nowhere near a deed that would be punished with a death sentence.How about if I start to shoot people who speed in cars? You think thats ok too? After all they are potential murderers, if no-one takes care of them they will surely cause dreadful accidents, etc.
The kid admitted it to his mother and I only pray that nothing like that ever happens to a child that you have or you may feel very different. I have friends who had that happen to relatives and it ruined the child's life. Child molesting is the worst possible crime a person can commit IMO and most often it is worse than killing the child because they then have to possibly relive it the rest of their lives. Unless you have seen it then you will never understand and I pray you never have to see it or have a relative or close friend live it. Edited by Mr. Lee

Jerry
Posted
Posted

Mr Lee I agree 100 %. The people that do this are more than sick in the head. Our children should never have to have any worry from adults we are the care takers and teachers for them all. Mine, yours and all of them they are all ours in one way or the other. I am a father of 5 and have 3 grandchrilden so far so I do have strong feelins about this.People that pray on children of any age need to be punished by strong ways IMO.The father did act to far but at least he did act, my self if my son had ever did something so wrong and I know he would be in jail as I would have taken him myself to the police and let them take it to the full extent.

TheMason
Posted
Posted

The father was clearly wrong to murder his son. One of the founding principles of the US is that all men "are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness." Those words were revolutionary back in 1776 and sad to say, they have lost all meaning in the modern US. Yes, sexual abuse of a child is a horrible thing and the kid deserved punishment. However, there is never a justification for murder. It is always wrong to take a life no matter what the reasoning behind it is. I disagree that the 15-year-old should have been treated as an adult. He is only 15 years old and does not have the same mental ability to reason and make decisions that adults do. I've never understood the reasoning behind putting juveniles through the adult justice system. We specifically treat minors differently in society because we recognize that they do not have the reasoning ability and judgement of an adult. We prohibit them from drinking, driving, entering into contracts etc. specifically because they are not fully accountable and responsible for their decisions and actions. Until they commit a crime, then we think they should be treated the same as an adult. I really wonder what went on in that family though. Any father willing to execute his naked son in the street like an animal probably wasn't a nurturing, supportive influence on the kid to start with. Makes me think the father was at least partially responsible for raising a pedophile in the first place.

Mik
Posted
Posted

If you're old enough to do the crime, you're old enough to do the time. You must clear away what is bad from your midst.Killing someone is murder unless you are protecting yourself or those around you from grave harm. There is no moral, religious or legal authority for someone appoint himself Judge and Executioner. Murderers have taken life and their own life should be forfeit..

• Like 1

Jerry
Posted
Posted

To the Mason,Sir I strongly disagree on your point that a 15 year old doesnt have the the same mental ability to reason that sexual assualt of a child is wrong that a adult has I do belive that by this age he does know and does know that this is verry wrong. So yes put him in front of the same court as a adult and punish him just the same as well.