Access to non-COVID healthcare

Pigus
Posted
Posted

Anyone know what provisions there are in Quezon City for urgent access to doctors and medicine for non-COVID medical problems? Can a permit be arranged? How about transport? My partner is in lockdown there but needs help.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Pigus said:

My partner is in lockdown there but needs help.

Call an ambulance. Wont need a pass

Pigus
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Call an ambulance. Wont need a pass

Thanks. But she is not yet seriously ill - hopefully no need for ambulance and hospital. I think she just needs normal doc and maybe antibiotic prescription. Is there no other option for most people to still access normal healthcare?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Just now, Pigus said:

Thanks. But she is not yet seriously ill - hopefully no need for ambulance and hospital. I think she just needs normal doc and maybe antibiotic prescription. Is there no other option for most people to still access normal healthcare?

Then call the local barangay captain/ government office or anyone like that. I believe they will send someone to pick up those who need to get to a hospital. Also if someone in her house has a pass they can accompany her if they have their own transport from what I read.

Pigus
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the suggestions. Can you refer me to any relevant information or government notices and guidelines? I'm afraid she is not so confident to approach officials. Thanks so much.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Pigus said:

Thanks for the suggestions. Can you refer me to any relevant information or government notices and guidelines? I'm afraid she is not so confident to approach officials. Thanks so much.

No. She is Filipina. She should have an idea or contacts or someone to chat to about this. How old is she?  If she lives there in Quezon City  surely someone she knows has some confidence to do something if someone is sick enough to need a doctor?  Too many questions to help here. Why she has no pass? Where are her family or who is she living with? 

In your first post you said urgent, if not perhaps still call the ambulance service for advice or even a hospital. 

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, Pigus said:

Thanks for the suggestions

My wife had a spike in her blood pressure last week. We went to two hospitals before we found one with a functional ER. 

Here in Manila some hospitals are covid 19 only. The hospital we finally got treatment at had only been open for non covid patients for 2 days. So the bottom line based on my experience is that your partner will need to either travel to each hospital until she finds one that will see her or call them first and hope that someone answers the phone.

• Hmm thinking 1

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

https://www.facebook.com/QCGov/

There's a list of all the barangays with phone numbers at the top of the QC facebook page

• Like 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic