American stranded in Manila wants to go home to negros province

Mac
Posted
Posted

I have been living in the Philippines for 4 years now with my fiance and this is the only home I have. I arrived from work as cook in hawaii and all i want is to go home but I'm not getting any assistance though i have asked help from so many government agencies. Is there a chance i can go home to my family here in the Philippines? Please help me

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Mac said:

I have been living in the Philippines for 4 years now with my fiance and this is the only home I have. I arrived from work as cook in hawaii and all i want is to go home but I'm not getting any assistance though i have asked help from so many government agencies. Is there a chance i can go home to my family here in the Philippines? Please help me

Your topic has been approved. Please don't post the same topic again. New members topics and posts need to be approved before they show on the forum. 

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Mac said:

Is there a chance i can go home to my family here in the Philippines?

short answer is no, not likely. 

If I have read the rules right, you need to self quarantine for 14 days. Secondly Manila is under Enhanced quarantine which means once you here you can not leave.

There are a lot of folks in your shoes

Edited by scott h

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Mac said:

Not gonna happen, Negros Occidental and Negros Oriental are on lockdown.   Last week some OFW's made it back onto Negros after being held in quarantine in Southern Cebu for 3 weeks but as returning OFW's they are considered to be a special case. Looks like you will have a long wait before you will be able to return here to Negros.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Eddie1 said:

Not gonna happen, Negros Occidental and Negros Oriental are on lockdown.   Last week some OFW's made it back onto Negros after being held in quarantine in Southern Cebu for 3 weeks but as returning OFW's they are considered to be a special case. Looks like you will have a long wait before you will be able to return here to Negros.

Has it been extended as April 30th was the last order I could find? 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Has it been extended as April 30th was the last order I could find? 

Oriental is on GQC as is Occidental, We are on a Movement Lockdown as an island. we can move about in Oriental but we can't go to Occidental and visa versa, NO Ferries or Domestic Flights ( with a few exceptions ie; OFW's and Diplomats. Nothing moves to the Islands (People that is) so it is fair to say that whilst we are free to move around to a degree we are still in a Lockdown from other Islands :smile:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Oriental is on GQC as is Occidental, We are on a Movement Lockdown as an island. we can move about in Oriental but we can't go to Occidental and visa versa, NO Ferries or Domestic Flights ( with a few exceptions ie; OFW's and Diplomats. Nothing moves to the Islands (People that is) so it is fair to say that whilst we are free to move around to a degree we are still in a Lockdown from other Islands :smile:

Jack it seems the OP is from Bacolod, unfortunately we are on the EQC until May 14.  so prospects are very bleak for him.

• Sad 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, RBM said:

Jack it seems the OP is from Bacolod, unfortunately we are on the EQC until May 14.  so prospects are very bleak for him.

Indeen Bruce, actually I thought Occidental had gone GQC which would explain the ban for us going there, Thank You for updating me on this :smile:

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic