Cooling Platforms For Laptops

Guardian
Posted
Posted

How many people use a cooling platform for their laptops and do they really help extend the life of our laptops?

johnb
Posted
Posted
How many people use a cooling platform for their laptops and do they really help extend the life of our laptops?
I don't know if cooling platforms help in the long term or if they are good or not, however I recently bought a cheap platform [300php] for my wifes laptop that had started getting hot to the touch and it does seem to keep the laptop cooler, it simply plugs into a USBport and quietly spins two fans up onto the underside of the laptop.John

TheMason
Posted
Posted
I use one for mine. Its like previously described. Its a piece of aluminum with 2 fans inside it that plugs into the USB port. Before I got it I had problems with my system overheating but no problems since I started using it. I don't know if it extends the life of the system but it has stopped it from shutting down due to heat so that's got to be a good thing. I paid about 700p for it at the mall.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I use one in the house in the US when my laptop is on and p[lugged in to power and I have one I bought in Cebu that I use when we are there and the only suggestion I have is to try to buy one with a USB plug that has an in and an out for another USB device to be plugged in unless you have a USB hub or have plenty of USB ports on your laptop. In the Philippines I have the fan, a Magic Jack, a wireless keyboard and mouse controller plugged in, so that takes up 3 ports so if I want to plug anything else in such as our camera I have to unplug one or I would have to add a USB hub. Planning ahead saves time and money.