International flights to begin at NAIA

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1301799/naia-terminal-3-to-open-for-international-flights-starting-july-8

MANILA, Philippines — The Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) Terminal 3 will be open for international flights starting July 8, the Manila International Airport Authority (MIAA) said Saturday.

“After temporarily closing its doors on March 28 this year, NAIA Terminal 3 will finally open its gates to resume international flight operations beginning 12:01 a.m. of July 8, 2020,” read the statement.

NAIA Terminal 3 will accept flights from flag carriers Nippon Airways, Air Asia Berhad, Cathay Pacific, Emirates, Royal Dutch Airlines, Qatar Airways,  Singapore Airlines, and Turkish Airlines.

However, international operations of airline carriers Cebu Pacific, Delta Air, Qantas Airways, and United Airlines at Terminal 3 will still be suspended.

MIAA said NAIA Terminal 2 continues to service international arrival flights from Philippine Airlines (PAL). NAIA Terminal 1, meanwhile, operates international departure flights from PAL.

NAIA Terminal 4 remains temporarily closed for operations until further notice, Miaa said.

NAIA previously concentrated its operations at NAIA Terminal 1 as some flag carriers suspended flights due to the strict coronavirus quarantine.

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)

Good news but it doesn't surprise me about QANTAS, their international flights are all suspended except for Australia - New Zealand at least until October (their words).

Edited by GeoffH

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

The way i read the article is even though the flights resume, only returning Filipinos and their spouses, and OFW's are allowed in.

• Like 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted

You read it right Scott.. its not really a newsworthy article at all..... Instead of international flights arriving at terminals 1 and 3, soon some of them will arrive at terminal 2. Thats the news .

As for us who are locked up or locked down, nothing has changed. These flights only for returnees

• Sad 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

This from another article about flights starting up.

Martinez clarified that only foreign nationals stranded in the country due to the lockdown; diplomats, including their spouses and children; and other nationals with permanent residence visa can depart at NAIA.

On the other hand, only returning overseas Filipino workers (OFWs), stranded Filipinos in other countries, and other nationals with permanent residence visas and students will be allowed to arrive at NAIA on board commercial flights, Martinez added.

https://mb.com.ph/2020/07/05/travel-restrictions-easing-up-13-intl-local-airlines-back-to-naia-3-by-july-8/

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

diplomats,

Just for giggles is isn't all bad, my brother in law who works for the Phil foreign service and is stationed in Jordan, was visiting his daughter in Australia for his grand daughters first b day. Whelp, he is still there in OZ and getting paid........... lucky sod :hystery:

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
40 minutes ago, scott h said:

Just for giggles is isn't all bad, my brother in law who works for the Phil foreign service and is stationed in Jordan, was visiting his daughter in Australia for his grand daughters first b day. Whelp, he is still there in OZ and getting paid........... lucky sod :hystery:

For some OFW, it works out financially.  Usually depends on who you work for.  Two guys I know work for strong companies (offshore oil rig work).  One is stuck in RIO at a hotel for 3 months now, all paid by company.  The other was stuck in Madagascar for around the same and just arrived home June 17th.  Did the test and 14 day home quarantine bit.  Now his company is allowing him to use all his leave and then start a new contract working from home.

Someone else I know of just had more of an unskilled labor job in Dubai and was laid off a while back.  Waiting to get a flight home.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, scott h said:

Be OK if he is in Queensland as they are opening up bars and things where Victoria is heading backwards. 

• Like 2

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic