Support a desperate family with infant child in Manila, Philippines

Edrigo Salvadore
Posted
Posted

Hello everyone

I am friend with a family in Manila, who has an infant child, and the mother has lost her work a few months ago because of the pandemic. Her husband works very hard, but still earns only about $350 USD each month. The child is sick and is coughing a lot.

They have seen a doctor, and bought antibiotics, but they have no more money. 

I have created a fundraiser, and would like help to share it.

It would be great if you can send them a dollar or two, and I will make sure 100% will go towards helping their child.

Thanks a lot.

Link to the fundraiser

Baby1.jpg

Family1.jpg

Edrigo Salvadore
Posted
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Eddie1 said:

Sadly, millions of families across the Philippines have had no work since this virus raised its ugly head, therefore millions have no form of income whatsoever.  In many places such as Cebu City as just one example, families are totally locked down, no possibility of work and no money and precious little food coming in, many are truly starving. 

You are right in everything you say. So many people are suffering right now, and it gets worse very quickly.

I want to help this family, because, I have been their friend for more than 10 years, and it is very easy for me to send them help directly, and making sure everything go to them. I am also certain that they would use the support wisely. They are very good people, and I hate to see them desperate, barely being able to help their sick child.

Edited by Edrigo Salvadore
  • Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted

I'm sure like all members of this forum we sympathise, but unfortunately there are so many equally needy people around us that also could do with our assistance.

That said, best of luck with the fundraiser. 

• Like 4

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Edrigo

Sad to say it's true, we all have family  members or friends in similar situations.

One can only do so much, which I'm sure we all have been doing during this present time

I hope your friends child comes through this.

• Like 3

Edrigo Salvadore
Posted
Posted

I appreciate all your support even non-monetary.