Bad News Here In Subic Bay

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

After being COVID free during the entire COVID period, two residents in the Subic Bay Freeport have tested positive for COVID.  In addition, the chairwoman has self quarantined because she was exposed to someone who tested positive.  Details below.

107426248_1710510685763717_3680512147341405385_n.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 5
  • Hmm thinking 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

107426248_1710510685763717_3680512147341405385_n.jpg

That's got to be the clearest English written notice I have ever read in the Philippines! :thumbsup:

Lets hope that the outbreak is soon contained.

• Like 4

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Kuya John said:

That's got to be the clearest English written notice I have ever read in the Philippines! :thumbsup:

Lets hope that the outbreak is soon contained.

Chairman Eisma is a smart lady.  I don't agree with everything she does, but I do believe she thinks she is doing the right thing.

• Like 4

earthdome
Posted
Posted

In the county where I live a third death from covid 19 was reported recently. When the second death was reported the local news made a point of saying that the person had died from some other cause but it was reported as covid because they had tested positive. I know this is anecdotal but does show that the deaths from covid in the US may be over counted. In my county there have been a total of 777 positive tests with only 27 people out of all those positive tests requiring hospitalization and only 2 deaths due to covid. So only 3% have required hospitalization and a .25% death rate based on reported cases. Since actual cases are many times more than reported cases those hospitalization and death rates I calculated could be as much as a factor of 10 lower.

• Like 2

Nickleback99
Posted
Posted

For sure in US, you could have any one or more of a host of terminal diseases, including stage 4 cancer of any kind, and even on one's death bed, but if you also have Covid-19 when you die, they are counting that as a Covid death period, as I understand it.  No telling how many that entails.  Likewise, the very large number of deaths in NY and NJ were in nursing homes where sick patients were sent Back into the nursing homes, where disease spread quickly among a very vulnerable population.   I'm guessing in the end, we'll never know the true numbers, same as the true numbers of those who have/had Covid, which some estimates are 10x (?) the actual known #'s.  (preaching to the choir I'm sure!). 

• Like 2

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic