Damm Dentist

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Went to the dentist here in Brisbane Australia yesterday, one filling cost me $ 280.00 au, I wonder what it would have cost me in the Philippines? :lol:

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Hey ... wait till you get old like me ...... you can work on them yourself or put'um in a small box and send them out to be fixed ........ SugarwareZ-005.gifSugarwareZ-005.gif

paul
Posted
Posted

Probably Php 500, or maybe less, is what it would have cost, I believe.

• 2 weeks later...
Hosea
Posted
Posted

I know how you feel but don't feel too bad. I just took my wife for her second evaluation. Can you believe they want over $3,000. It might just be cheaper to send my wife back to Davao City to get her teeth fixed. Not too long ago I spend just about the same on my own teeth. Guess brushing twice a day just isn't good enough.

twostrokes
Posted
Posted
Went to the dentist here in Brisbane Australia yesterday, one filling cost me $ 280.00 au, I wonder what it would have cost me in the Philippines? :rolleyes:
What you gotta do is wait until you need about 3 of them filled, then get on a plane, take a vacation, get the fillings in the PI and will probably still have saved money counting the airfare...now it may not cover the pain pills needed during the wait.My wife needed new dentures and I had just shelled out $2600 US for mine... she tooke the trip to the PI and got her dentures there. The entire trip plus the dentures was about the same as what I paid for mine. Jim

Whitenite
Posted
Posted

Whaaaaaaaa!!..........my Dentist is fixing and rebuilding a front tooth and he has quoted $180.00 only, this is filling and packing etc...thats here in Brisbane - I also have a quote from Cebu to have Bridging and Crown work done for 26 Teeth and they have quoted approx $3500.00AUD....

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Whaaaaaaaa!!..........my Dentist is fixing and rebuilding a front tooth and he has quoted $180.00 only, this is filling and packing etc...thats here in Brisbane - I also have a quote from Cebu to have Bridging and Crown work done for 26 Teeth and they have quoted approx $3500.00AUD....
$180 huh, damn, this was done in Toowong, what part of Brisbane are you from?Tom

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)

I have a great dentist that I use in Cebu City, I got 4 caps replaced for around $600 total and it would have cost me that much or more for one cap in the US with my insurance.addedThe dental office is right off Fuente Osmena Circle next to and on top of McDonalda and Watsons drug store there. The dentists are a husband and wife team and the wife is my wife's former bosses sister, so I can highly recommend them.Ramon Cyril Sucalit and Eulalia Chio Sucalit Phone 253-2699 suite 307A Ma.Cristina Building II UPDATED ADDRESSenter the elevator right next to Watsons and go up to the third floor and their door is just to the right of the stairs on the left side.You can tell them Lee sent you if you want to. BTW, the price they charge for everyone is the same, they do not charge expats more than Filipinos.

Edited by Mr. Lee
  • Like 1