Cebu City Is Now Being Promoted As One Of The Country

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)

I hate to say this and I do not mean to be a smart ass but this is what I have been saying all along. If Cebu and the Philippines can find ways to make it easy for foreigners to move to the Philippines, then they can multiply that amount many times over. This story is just another example of how the things we say can sometimes be taken by the government of the Philippines or the new media and run with. With over 2,000 foreign retirees currently in the Visayas bringing retirement spending to over two million dollars a year given each retiree spends 1,000 dollars a month, Cebu City sees that the development of retirement industry here will expand the economy thus bringing more jobs to the community.Link to the whole story

Edited by Mr. Lee

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I hate to say this and I do not mean to be a smart ass but this is what I have been saying all along. If Cebu and the Philippines can find ways to make it easy for foreigners to move to the Philippines, then they can multiply that amount many times over. This story is just another example of how the things we say can sometimes be taken by the government of the Philippines or the new media and run with. With over 2,000 foreign retirees currently in the Visayas bringing retirement spending to over two million dollars a year given each retiree spends 1,000 dollars a month, Cebu City sees that the development of retirement industry here will expand the economy thus bringing more jobs to the community.Link to the whole story
This readers opinion maybe spot on, what do you think??From the PhilStarTowns of Cebu province are good places for retirees. But Cebu City?? The place is a joke (just like its mayor) unless (as a retiree) one enjoys staying in one's house day-in and day-out and strolls in malls. Cebu City has no parks and strolling in its streets is an adventure of getting swallowed in uncovered manholes, sideswiped by undisciplined drivers in bad and poorly maintained roads and flooded streets or mugged!