Brutal Culture Of Guns, Greed, Money

Guardian
Posted
Posted

Will the Philippines be safe for us during election time? The massacre of more than 40 people in Maguindanao province has exposed a brutal culture of guns, greed and money that has poisoned the nation

TheMason
Posted
Posted

My wife and I plan to be living in the US by the time the elections roll around. If for some reason her visa approval is delayed/denied then we will be on holiday out of the country for the 10 days prior to the elections. The time out of the country was her idea, not mine. She does not think its safe here at election time and would prefer to go on vacation.

Genius
Posted
Posted
My wife and I plan to be living in the US by the time the elections roll around. If for some reason her visa approval is delayed/denied then we will be on holiday out of the country for the 10 days prior to the elections. The time out of the country was her idea, not mine. She does not think its safe here at election time and would prefer to go on vacation.
Are the elections in may this year coming? Off topic, but as Arroyo leaves office do they change all the currency on her departure ?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Are the elections in may this year coming? Off topic, but as Arroyo leaves office do they change all the currency on her departure ?
Yes, May 10, 2010 is when the elections are and anywhere up to then it might be better to keep away from where people are electioneering.

TheMason
Posted
Posted (edited)
She may be leaving the Presidency, but its far from certain that she'll leave power. She recently announced she will run for congress. The talk now is that once elected to Congress her party will change the constitution to allow a Parliamentarian form of govt. and name her Prime Minister. Of course, GMA denies this and says she just wants to serve the people from a position closer to the people. Sounds like she should be a waitress to me, but what do I know?I doubt they'll change the currency though.....I think they only did that when Marcos left. Edited by TheMason

Genius
Posted
Posted

Thats good then, I have so much of it abroad, wouldnt like it to become unvalid. Anyone know a physical shop that sells old notes at reasonable levels ? (I am making a collection)

She may be leaving the Presidency, but its far from certain that she'll leave power. She recently announced she will run for congress. The talk now is that once elected to Congress her party will change the constitution to allow a Parliamentarian form of govt. and name her Prime Minister. Of course, GMA denies this and says she just wants to serve the people from a position closer to the people. Sounds like she should be a waitress to me, but what do I know?I doubt they'll change the currency though.....I think they only did that when Marcos left.