Recommendation Immigration Lawyer in Cebu

Doc Brauer
Posted
Posted

I am trying to get a visa for my wife to the USA. We’ve been together for 8 years and married for 4. Looking for good immigration attorney in Cebu to assist. Can you recommend one? Thank you.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Doc Brauer said:

I am trying to get a visa for my wife to the USA. We’ve been together for 8 years and married for 4. Looking for good immigration attorney in Cebu to assist. Can you recommend one? Thank you.

What type of U.S. visa?  That will help somebody make recommendations.

jpbago
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Doc Brauer said:

Likely better to get a lawyer in the USA to do that.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, jpbago said:

Likely better to get a lawyer in the USA to do that.

Agree with jpbago if you decide you need a lawyer.  An American lawyer will get it done, a Philippine lawyer may draw it out to as long as you are willing to continue paying.  You can also get good info from the visajourney web site, including attorney referrals and/or ads.  Add the dot com to get to the web site.  This site was helpful to me many years ago (15+).  I was able to bring my future wife over and did all the paperwork myself, no attorney.  The process was was a bit time consuming and tedious, but relatively straight forward.  But some things may have changed over the years.

• Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

These people I believe can help you. Not a personal recommendation but you can check it out. From what I heard they do a professional job but on the other hand do you really need a lawyer? 

https://myatheneum.com/services/sfto-spousal-fiancee-tourist-visa-services/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
DocBrauer
Posted
Posted
On 9/21/2020 at 6:57 AM, Mike J said:

Agree with jpbago if you decide you need a lawyer.  An American lawyer will get it done, a Philippine lawyer may draw it out to as long as you are willing to continue paying.  You can also get good info from the visajourney web site, including attorney referrals and/or ads.  Add the dot com to get to the web site.  This site was helpful to me many years ago (15+).  I was able to bring my future wife over and did all the paperwork myself, no attorney.  The process was was a bit time consuming and tedious, but relatively straight forward.  But some things may have changed over the years.

Thank you

baronapart
Posted
Posted
On 9/20/2020 at 5:57 PM, Mike J said:

I am an active member of this site. It is the best source for immigration information in my opinion. To the OP...It is not necessary to get a lawyer to assist you in this process. In some cases it can even slow you down. Just expect delays in the process due to Covid.

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, baronapart said:

I am an active member of this site. It is the best source for immigration information in my opinion. To the OP...It is not necessary to get a lawyer to assist you in this process. In some cases it can even slow you down. Just expect delays in the process due to Covid.

I agree. Ultimately the immigration laws are passed down from the Palace and set in stone legally and in semi plain English.  All a lawyer/attorney will do is advise you on the current laws which are on the immigration website and charge you for the pleasure. At best his/her signature may get an official reply but he won't be able to change the law.