Car registration

RBM
Posted
Posted

Had a quick peep here and could not find any info.

Understand now one is now required as well as the usual so called smoke test, a further check of car is required. This I was told must be done by a separate identity to the smoke test garage. Naturally another fee would be required.

Wondering like so many bright ideas here if its died a natural death or still in force.

If any members have recently done their rego would appreciate comments as my car is due soon.

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

Ours was done in March smoke test is a joke ! Van in front of our car was belching smoke like a Jeepney!

And it passed our car passed also, and had to have third party insurance as well ! Even though its already fully comp !

But its the law here ! No other test was done , we are however still waiting for our sticker from the Licencing centre !

• Like 1

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, RBM said:

Had a quick peep here and could not find any info.

Understand now one is now required as well as the usual so called smoke test, a further check of car is required. This I was told must be done by a separate identity to the smoke test garage. Naturally another fee would be required.

Wondering like so many bright ideas here if its died a natural death or still in force.

If any members have recently done their rego would appreciate comments as my car is due soon.

Had my rego done in July, had the smoke test, forgot to turn the engine on, true. They did another test but no charge, lights, wipers, horn, indicators, hazard lights, did the same test last year. As I was over 60 I wasn't allowed into the office a friend had to pay the amount for me. This was at LTO in Mactan

Edited by frosty (chris)
  • Like 1