Stuck in manila.

gbmmbg
Posted
Posted

File this under more COVID fun. We bought tickets from Los Angeles to Cebu via Manila. I asked 4 times what do we do in Manila? Each time i was told. Get a room take the COVID test and fly to cebu when you get the results. Well it sounds easy right? Well we take the test, check into the hotel and wait. 12 hours later we get the results and i call my airline to rebook the flight to cebu. The young lady was very nice on the phone but said there would be a 950 usd rebooking fee. Wth. I had to take a trip out to the airport to fix that problem. Ok thats fixed. Then the nice young man who fixed the ticket issue informed me that we need permission to fly to cebu. I asked "why, you made us stop in manila to get the COVID test"? Our house is 10 minutes from the airport in cebu. Sorry sir but to travel from Manila to Cebu you have to get permission. Well we are working on that now. Will let you all know how it works out. Just a warning if you are trying to get to Cebu do not fly through Manila.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

:571c66d400c8c_1(103)::571c66d400c8c_1(103)::571c66d400c8c_1(103)::571c66d400c8c_1(103)::571c66d400c8c_1(103)::571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, gbmmbg said:

File this under more COVID fun. We bought tickets from Los Angeles to Cebu via Manila. I asked 4 times what do we do in Manila? Each time i was told. Get a room take the COVID test and fly to cebu when you get the results. Well it sounds easy right? Well we take the test, check into the hotel and wait. 12 hours later we get the results and i call my airline to rebook the flight to cebu. The young lady was very nice on the phone but said there would be a 950 usd rebooking fee. Wth. I had to take a trip out to the airport to fix that problem. Ok thats fixed. Then the nice young man who fixed the ticket issue informed me that we need permission to fly to cebu. I asked "why, you made us stop in manila to get the COVID test"? Our house is 10 minutes from the airport in cebu. Sorry sir but to travel from Manila to Cebu you have to get permission. Well we are working on that now. Will let you all know how it works out. Just a warning if you are trying to get to Cebu do not fly through Manila.

:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

LOL, I beat you by about two seconds Tom! :tongue:

• Haha 2

Freebie
Posted
Posted

As far as I know ( im in Manila ) you need a medical certificate and then you need police clearance. Depending on where you are the fastest police clearance that I know of is in the police station in Makati which is next to Fire station on Ayala Avenue. Police clearance to travel there takes 2-3 days. Not sure if this helps but Im just arranged for my live in to fly to Leyte and those were the current requirements.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love it 1

gbmmbg
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Freebie said:

As far as I know ( im in Manila ) you need a medical certificate and then you need police clearance. Depending on where you are the fastest police clearance that I know of is in the police station in Makati which is next to Fire station on Ayala Avenue. Police clearance to travel there takes 2-3 days. Not sure if this helps but Im just arranged for my live in to fly to Leyte and those were the current requirements.

Tnx for the info. We are in Makati right now and will use them if we have to. We were told by the PNP at the airport office to get our ticket to cebu and they will give us police clearance to fly. But that was yesterday.......so we will see.

• Like 2

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic