Posted

6.3 magnitude earthquake 4 km from Calatagan, Calabarzon, Philippines

42 minutes ago

UTC time: Thursday, December 24, 2020 23:43 PM
Your time: Friday, December 25, 2020, 7:43 AM
Magnitude Type: mww
USGS status: Reviewed by a seismologist
Reports from the public: 202 people

Felt this in Malolos at around 0745, shook house, sitting on balcony drinking my morning coffee, felt the house moving, neighbors getting out of there houses into the streets.  
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Yeochief said:

6.3 magnitude earthquake 4 km from Calatagan, Calabarzon, Philippines

42 minutes ago

UTC time: Thursday, December 24, 2020 23:43 PM
Your time: Friday, December 25, 2020, 7:43 AM
Magnitude Type: mww
USGS status: Reviewed by a seismologist
Reports from the public: 202 people

Felt this in Malolos at around 0745, shook house, sitting on balcony drinking my morning coffee, felt the house moving, neighbors getting out of there houses into the streets.  

Glad you are okay there... We hate earthquakes...we are so helpless with them.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

It was a good shaker here in Subic and lasted quite a few seconds.  I hope everyone down south is ok.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Yeochief said:

neighbors getting out of there houses into the streets.  

They are probably construction workers who build Philippine houses for a living.

I remember sitting in MacDonalds, Cebu when a big one hit and everyone ran outside.  I sat there for a minute and wondered why they were running as surely MacDonalds would have their building up to cold.  .   .  Yeah right.  I left my coffee and ran to the middle of the street with the others.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Family spent the night for Christmas and we were all up to around 3AM.  I awoke to loud screaming from about 16 people.  By the time I got out of bed to walk outside I notice everyone pushing to try and all fit under the dining table.  I laughed and said good morning as I walked outside to wait for an aftershock which never came.  All is well here, everyone safe and no damage I can find.  I was told the Christmas tree was swaying with the movement.:tiphat:  Hope everyone else is safe also.

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
55 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

They are probably construction workers who build Philippine houses for a living.

I remember sitting in MacDonalds, Cebu when a big one hit and everyone ran outside.  I sat there for a minute and wondered why they were running as surely MacDonalds would have their building up to cold.  .   .  Yeah right.  I left my coffee and ran to the middle of the street with the others.

I would not want to be sitting next to the big plate glass windows at a McD if a big one hit!

• Like 3

Gandang Smile
Posted
Posted

Yep, felt it, too, around the same time (7:45). We live at the 27th floor and we woke up in bed with the room visibly shaking. We will go through the motions on Monday, with the building engineering staff checking if any damage was done to the building (it should not).

Keep safe, all!

• Like 1

Balisidar
Posted
Posted

We are pretty close to the epicenter of that quake yesterday.  Rocked the house pretty good but we stood in the doorway didn't see anyone running outside.  No damage.

• Like 3

Gandang Smile
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Balisidar said:

We are pretty close to the epicenter of that quake yesterday.  Rocked the house pretty good but we stood in the doorway didn't see anyone running outside.  No damage.

Batangas?

Balisidar
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Gandang Smile said:

Batangas?

Yep.😀