Metro Manila

Guest OceanBreeze
Posted
Posted
Hotel dining is such a heavenly experience especially when it's buffet. Many of us would often want to eat different types of international cuisines minus the hassle of choosing from a menu. So we end up in hotel buffets with a wide variety of food to choose from and cooked fresh by both local and foreign chefs. And of course, there's the convenience of a five-star service that most of these hotels offer to their guests.In Metro Manila, all top luxury hotels offer buffet dining for breakfast, lunch and dinner all throughout the week. This hotel buffet craze in the metropolis has captured a large number of followers during the past years especially among business executives. Even political figures are seen frequenting hotel buffet restaurants for either meetings or family gatherings.So what really makes the best hotel buffet experience? I came up with four major criteria as follows: food choices, service, ambience and food quality. I also asked 50 executives and businessmen to list down and rank their favorite hotel buffet restaurants to come up with Metro Manila's best.1. HEAT by Edsa Shangri-LaWhen it comes to food quality, Shangri-La truly deserves to be on top of the list. Edsa Shangri-La's HEAT (they define it as Healthy Eating, Amazing Treats) is known for its authentic Filipino cuisine with its popular lechon being faithfully served everyday and native delicacies such as puto bumbong, bibingka, pichi-pichi and palitao having their own corner for the eager. The Sinigang na Salmon sa Miso is its signature Filipino dish while its Ice Cream Teppanyaki is the most popular dessert for its patrons. This five-star restaurant has a 415-seat capacity with five glass-walled private rooms to choose from

TheMason
Posted
Posted

I can vouch for Circles at Makati Shangri-la. Its the best buffet I've ever been to. The pastry chef used to make strawberry cream croissants just for me and deliver them to my table every morning. I sure do miss that place.