Living in a SyFI World

Jack D
Posted
Posted

I’m real miss how life was before the Covid Pandemic. I’m starting to feel like I’m living in one of those doomsday movies.

Anyone else feeling like that?

hk blues
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Jack D said:

I’m real miss how life was before the Covid Pandemic. I’m starting to feel like I’m living in one of those doomsday movies.

Anyone else feeling like that?

I do when I'm out and about - seeing everyone with face masks is quite a strange sight. I am getting used to it though.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

We kinda feel like that too Jack.

We miss visiting friends, concerts or taking short out of town trips. We miss simple things that make life rich. In the future we won't take them for granted.  

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I actually think I've benefitted from the restrictions.  Since they kicked in it has taught me to live within my means and made me realise how much money I used to waste.  I'm spending about 1/5th of what I used to spend on myself and give away not lend about 1/2 my pension each month to a few people that have proven over the years to be decent even though they had nothing.  

It's also made me cook more from scratch and taught me that my cooking tastes better and uses better quality ingredients that I used to pay stupid money for in restaurants.  I'm over 20kg lighter and way fitter as I spend my day training and have learned how to repair mobile phones and other items just by surfing the web.  

A win, win situation for me so far.

• Like 5

Shady
Posted
Posted

We used to go to a videoke drinking place about a year ago, basically doing everything you aren't allowed to do anymore. Thinking back on it now, that time and place really does feel like a different world.

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

The face masks don't bother me, maybe that's because I'm used to wearing a motorbike helmet (and a balaclava in cooler weather which is basically a face mask anyway).

The social distancing doesn't bother me, I grew up in the country where people gave other people more space and the cities feel less crowded now which I actually prefer.

Lock downs... that's not as easy but social media, web sites like this and zoom has made it much easier than it would have been 30 years ago.

If it starts to bother me then I just tell myself "This too shall pass" and go and do something else (anything else) because being occupied keeps my mind from spiralling.

• Like 3

Jack D
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Shady said:

We used to go to a videoke drinking place about a year ago, basically doing everything you aren't allowed to do anymore. Thinking back on it now, that time and place really does feel like adifferent world.

I set up my own videoke system and it helps me chill, and forget about COVID... at least for a few hours.

The hardest part is that I feel like my entire family is riding on the Nebuchadnezzar, the fictional hovership captained by Morpheus in the The Matrix movies..

Its name is a Biblical reference to Nebuchadnezzar II, from the Book of Daniel.

Whenever I get that feeling, I start to have thoughts about how the rest of the world is too dangerous to live in.

Maybe I’m just losing my sh-t  :89:

CDC0C063-CD6E-4CD7-B821-87A84C292FC8.jpeg

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Jack D said:

I'm usually fairly knowledgeable about movies, but for some reason, I never watched 12 Monkeys.  I remember seeing it prominently displayed in the DVD rental shops, but it never jumped out at me.  I'm going to try it.

• Like 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic