An Empire At Risk

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Interesting article. Could the end be near for the US? Many says yes and then how will that affect the rest of the world and especially the Philippines which is so dependent of OFW sending money home? We won the cold war and weathered 9/11. But now economic weakness is endangering our global power.Link to the long story which IMO is worth the read when you have the time

til
Posted
Posted
Interesting article. Could the end be near for the US? Many says yes and then how will that affect the rest of the world and especially the Philippines which is so dependent of OFW sending money home? We won the cold war and weathered 9/11. But now economic weakness is endangering our global power.Link to the long story which IMO is worth the read when you have the time
Well I should think the OFW are flexible and will go work to where the money is, so if the Us goes down so badly they will go work somewhere else.And personally I believe the Iraq war was (and is) the biggest economic mistake the US made recently.

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted

The end is going to happen when is another thing. The boom years are pretty much over and the way the U.S. has tried to sweep a lot of the major cracks in the economy under the carpet hasnt washed. Not sure about peoples feeling in the U.S. but there is serious mistrust in the UK with the UK government for doing exactly the same things. There is also the issue of "cheap land" which China has been quick to get involved in buying up cheap properties and now the commercial bubble is about to burst will start to buy all that up.One thing I looked at in the UK on a project I was doing was the "wealth management" companies. We are all sold on buying property as the "great" investment but that is all based on the next generation of people being sold on the same market etc. The wealth management companies I was doing work for "DONT" own the buildings they operate in which sort of says it all. They are prepared to close and move at a signing of a pen and before the ink is dry. They dont waste millions in invested money on property the real money is in getting other fools to invest in it and then charging interest.If you want to know if the signs are there we should be looking at what key nations are doing that are affected by global markets places such as China and India which are adopting a more internal market place.My question would be though do you think the Iraq / Afghanistan wars have tainted Americas reputation? Most Brits I know are Anti America. Its not on a personal basis mind they are talking they dont trust America or the way it operates. Which does have me a bit worried as nobody meantioned China or North Korea.