Quarantine For Domestic Arrivals In Dumaguete From Outside Negros Oriental

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

The Mini (step-daughter) is arriving in Dumaguete from Cebu in a couple of weeks, so AM (Angry Midget - wife) went to the barangay hall to see what the requirements are.  She has to arrive on a Monday, Tuesday or Friday as these are the only days there's a bus to take to her to the mandatory 14 day quarantine.  This is for domestic travel from within PI, and not all that surprising as even here in Australia we had similar restriction up until a few months ago depending on which state you were travelling to/from. 

What we can't seem to find out is the type of accommodation, who pays, and how much..

And yes, she has the residency certificate and kicked off the certificate of acceptance process.  

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, BrettGC said:

What we can't seem to find out is the type of accommodation, who pays, and how much..

Brett, I dont know about Duma...but here in Manila, OFW's are house for free at Q centers, these vary from converted schools to tent cities. Returning Fil citizens, BB's and others are offered (online with prior reservations) at a variety of hotels, depending on your budget. From 1 to 5 star hotels. 

• Thanks 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, BrettGC said:

The Mini (step-daughter) is arriving in Dumaguete from Cebu in a couple of weeks, so AM (Angry Midget - wife) went to the barangay hall to see what the requirements are.  She has to arrive on a Monday, Tuesday or Friday as these are the only days there's a bus to take to her to the mandatory 14 day quarantine.  This is for domestic travel from within PI, and not all that surprising as even here in Australia we had similar restriction up until a few months ago depending on which state you were travelling to/from. 

And yes, she has the residency certificate and kicked off the certificate of acceptance process.  

If it helps Brett, one can travel from San Carlos Negros to Dumaguete without interruption. Not possible if coming from Bacolod  via Marbini, only via San Carlos. Not sure what the requirements are arriving from Cebu Torledo to San Carlos, I have restricted all movements until this blows over, spent already 2 days lining up at city health for papers just for travel to IloIlo, strange as not for boat but for airbnb condo....No more nonsense for me.

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, RBM said:

If it helps Brett, one can travel from San Carlos Negros to Dumaguete without interruption. Not possible if coming from Bacolod  via Marbini, only via San Carlos. Not sure what the requirements are arriving from Cebu Torledo to San Carlos, I have restricted all movements until this blows over, spent already 2 days lining up at city health for papers just for travel to IloIlo, strange as not for boat but for airbnb condo....No more nonsense for me.

I was wondering about this... The fact that she's moving between islands it the trigger I suspect.  

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, scott h said:

Brett, I dont know about Duma...but here in Manila, OFW's are house for free at Q centers, these vary from converted schools to tent cities. Returning Fil citizens, BB's and others are offered (online with prior reservations) at a variety of hotels, depending on your budget. From 1 to 5 star hotels. 

Hopefully she has the same option Scott, ideally she'll be able to keep working whilst in quarantine so some sort of hotel with internet would be ideal.  

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic