Updated Negros Oriental Quarantine Requirements

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)

The Step-daughter arrived from Cebu back in Negros last Friday, the same day the updated executive order with regards to internal travel was released.  She was was carrying all required documents - Barangay authorisation, proof of residency, proof of negative COVID test in the last 72 hours, as well as having the phone app installed.  She was picked up from Sibulan airport and a group of them were transported to their quarantine facility in the hometown of Guilhulngan for the 14 day stay. 

We found out about the new executive order on Saturday, Jhona (step-daughter) enquired and was informed they'd all be released after return of a further negative test but they wouldn't be tested until Monday.  

Along comes Monday, test completed, negative results received Wednesday afternoon, they were all released Wednesday evening after only 5 days in quarantine.  

There was only one minor hiccup with the travel; one of the PAL check-in staff at Mactan insisted she was missing a required document.  Now her mother and I both went through all the requirements with her via Facebook video chat with a fine tooth comb, ticking everything off as it was completed.  Jhona called me from Mactan airport and informed me of the issue.  Being her mother's daughter (thorough and meticulous), she'd printed every piece of correspondence between herself and PAL, as well as her LGU (Local Government Unit).  I told her to ask the staff member where in all the paperwork, both from PAL and the LGU, the document was required or if she had a list of requirements Jhona could look at?  She didn't, manager was called, Jhona passed through to the boarding gate  with no further issues.  We were anticipating a similar issue in Manila but she boarded there with no problems.   

The quarantine was at a local elementary school, no other options in the area.  No AC of course, fans didn't work, terrible food, five of them sleeping in a single classroom, but surprisingly very good internet.  On the upside, they were allowed to leave the classroom and go out into the yard whenever they wanted, which is more than they'd be able to do in a hotel.  

She's home with her mum now, and both are happy.  

This was the experience in Guihulngan, it may be different in other cities, so as always, your mileage may vary. 

We couldn't obtain confirmation as to whether or not negative test prior to travel now negates the quarantine requirement but that appears to be the spirit of the executive order, so time will tell.  

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 4

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

The Step-daughter arrived from Cebu back in Negros last Friday, the same day the updated executive order with regards to internal travel was released.  She was was carrying all required documents - Barangay authorisation, proof of residency, proof of negative COVID test in the last 72 hours, as well as having the phone app installed.  She was picked up from Sibulan airport and a group of them were transported to their quarantine facility in the hometown of Guilhulngan for the 14 day stay. 

We found out about the new executive order on Saturday, Jhona (step-daughter) enquired and was informed they'd all be released after return of a further negative test but they wouldn't be tested until Monday.  

Along comes Monday, test completed, negative results received Wednesday afternoon, they were all released Wednesday evening after only 5 days in quarantine.  

There was only one minor hiccup with the travel; one of the PAL check-in staff at Mactan insisted she was missing a required document.  Now her mother and I both went through all the requirements with her via Facebook video chat with a fine tooth comb, ticking everything off as it was completed.  Jhona called me from Mactan airport and informed me of the issue.  Being her mother's daughter (thorough and meticulous), she'd printed every piece of correspondence between herself and PAL, as well as her LGU (Local Government Unit).  I told her to ask the staff member where in all the paperwork, both from PAL and the LGU, the document was required or if she had a list of requirements Jhona could look at?  She didn't, manager was called, Jhona passed through to the boarding gate  with no further issues.  We were anticipating a similar issue in Manila but she boarded there with no problems.   

The quarantine was at a local elementary school, no other options in the area.  No AC of course, fans didn't work, terrible food, five of them sleeping in a single classroom, but surprisingly very good internet.  On the upside, they were allowed to leave the classroom and go out into the yard whenever they wanted, which is more than they'd be able to do in a hotel.  

She's home with her mum now, and both are happy.  

This was the experience in Guihulngan, it may be different in other cities, so as always, your mileage may vary.  

My wife and 2 friends want to visit their families in Dalaguete Cebu do this is good news.

• Like 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted

Had a gf do quarantine in southern Leyte a month or so back. Same experience of being in a school .There were still sums on the blackboard. on the videos she sent me !

The purpose of quarantine was somewhat wasted as everyone shared a bathroom.

Said she was kept awake at night as a large and rowdy group of baklas thought it was fun to communicate with others by shouting down the corridor to their friends and playing music till 5am. Nothing like being quarantined with some nice considerate people.  No food provided, her mum had to bring it to her daily.

6 days also .

• Sad 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic