Accurate Government News Please

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Now government spokespersons are telling us the reason for limiting ROFs (Returning Overseas Filipinos) is lack of funds to pay for quarantining OFWs (Overseas Filipino Workers).  Remaining funds will dry up by end of June 2021.  So the entry through NAIA by ROFs has been temporarily reduced to 1,500 per day from an originally projected 3,000 per day.  Huh?  My understanding non-OFWs had to pay for their own quarantine, so why did you initially stop their entry?  

What we need is an answer to a bigger question, "How many ROFs have been found to have original or variants of the Covid-19 virus?"  And, "How does this number compare to the increase of the virus among the general population?"  I suspect the accurate number of infected OFWs and ROFs is small, making quarantine unnecessary.  So there is no need to petition the National Assembly for more hotel quarantine money.  The simple solution is to remove the quarantine requirement.  A pre-arrival, arrival or post-arrival test is sufficient.

(BTW:  My wife and I no longer need a pre-arrival Covid-19 test to enter Ecuador.  We just show our CDC vaccination cards.  They desperately need visitor industry revenues for the faltering economy.  With more than 2 million Americans receiving the vaccine every day, it's a huge potential market for Ecuador to tap, according to their tourism authorities.)

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

The 1500 limit is for Manila only. Manila is a hotspot at the moment so another reason to slow down incoming. 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

Interesting points JJ.

The government would have the exact number of international arrivals that test positive during their quarantine. It would be interesting to know that number kinda curious why it's not mentioned. 

Tom, do you know the weekly number of OFW's and international visitors allowed in Cebu? 

Filipinos deserve much better from their local and federal government. There is money for vaccine and measures to distribute it. By continuing the lock downs the economy revenues will continue to shrink. One could make a case that's what the government wants. The prime mission of a government is to best serve the people. This is like a war there must be real leadership and action. 

We all know Philippines is basically a Kleptocracy but even so it's in their best interest to get the economy going again. The ineptitude and stupidity is mind boggling.

Edited by Old55
  • Like 2

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic