U.S. Calls for Pause on Johnson & Johnson Vaccine After Rare Clotting Cases

Jack D
Posted
Posted

WASHINGTON — Federal health agencies on Tuesday called for an immediate pause in use of Johnson & Johnson’s single-dose coronavirus vaccine after six recipients in the United States developed a rare disorder involving blood clots within about two weeks of vaccination.

All six recipients were women between the ages of 18 and 48. One woman died and a second woman in Nebraska has been hospitalized in critical condition.

Nearly seven million people in the United States have received Johnson & Johnson shots so far, and roughly nine million more doses have been shipped out to the states, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

“We are recommending a pause in the use of this vaccine out of an abundance of caution,” Dr. Peter Marks, director of the Food and Drug Administration’s Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, and Dr. Anne Schuchat, principal deputy director of the C.D.C., said in a joint statement. “Right now, these adverse events appear to be extremely rare.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/13/us/politics/johnson-johnson-vaccine-blood-clots-fda-cdc.html

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Jack D said:

Nearly seven million people

Slow news day I guess. I dont even want to try to figure out what the % of adverse affects is.

I will be the first to admit I look at things from a military angle, where 10% losses are acceptable and still leave you combat effective. 

What they should be saying IMHO is that women between 18 and 48 should be taking one of the other available Jabs. Its not like JnJ is the only one out there now,,,,,,,,,,,,with more on the way

Or society has just become to risk adverse,,,,hell they cant even play dodge ball in school anymore :hystery:

• Like 3

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, scott h said:

Slow news day I guess. I dont even want to try to figure out what the % of adverse affects is.

I will be the first to admit I look at things from a military angle, where 10% losses are acceptable and still leave you combat effective. 

What they should be saying IMHO is that women between 18 and 48 should be taking one of the other available Jabs. Its not like JnJ is the only one out there now,,,,,,,,,,,,with more on the way

Or society has just become to risk adverse,,,,hell they cant even play dodge ball in school anymore :hystery:

Probably just in time for certain people buy shares in the competitors. :whistling: That said the Astrazenica vaccine has had a negative effect on Accident and Emergency referals in the UK causing further workloads for the stretched health services.

Many with migranes after the vaccine have gone to A and E convinced they've got bood clots.  No doubt the same will happen with this vaccine.  They need to stop the media reporting until they have answers. 

• Like 3
  • Love it 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

They need to stop the media reporting until they have answers. 

You've as much chance with that as stopping the tides.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, scott h said:

Got you covered, buddy.

It's 0.00000086, or 0.000086%

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++.

Edited by Guy F.
  • Haha 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
On 4/13/2021 at 7:36 AM, Jack D said:

“We are recommending a pause in the use of this vaccine out of an abundance of caution,” Dr. Peter Marks

Gotta laugh at the attitude of some people.  I mean 500K deaths and its just a flu.  1 in a million deaths from a vaccine and its "pause the vaccine" :bonk:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Here's an excellent well thought out and unbiased explaination as to what is going on with the vaccines.  Spoiler alert the doctor is very pro vaccines and explains everything in simple terms.

https://fb.watch/4Tn_sskyTM/

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic