Liquor ban to end Cebu city Friday

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

From another source which is a bar owner. Him and his staff had to do a training course. Then his bar inspected to get a special permit to open so maybe not all opening until thats done.

Cebu City to lift liquor ban but biz told to still follow health protocols

CEBU CITY, Philippines – Cebu City Mayor Edgardo Labella on Tuesday, May 4, announced that he is planning to lift the liquor ban here.

“We have favorable recommendations from the EOC and City Health officials (to lift the liquor ban), and a request from the Cebu Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CCCI) to help revive our economy, especially our restaurants,” said Labella in Cebuano.

Labella is eyeing to issue a new Executive Order (EO) this Friday, May 7, laying down guidelines to regulate the selling and distribution of alcoholic beverages in the city amid prevailing health protocols.

This includes deploying marshals from the city’s Emergency Operations Center (EOC) to monitor establishments’ compliance in observing minimum health standards.

The mayor also warned restaurants and bars serving liquors that lifting the ban does not mean repealing health protocols such as social distancing, and capping the number of customers allowed inside and the quantity of drinks served to them.

“This is the task of our marshals. They will go around and check if health protocols are being implemented. If they will find out they still violate our protocols, they might be losing their business permits,” explained Labella.

The city reintroduced the prohibition of consuming alcoholic beverages last February in an effort to address the spike of COVID-19 cases it experienced at that time.

Cebu City, which remained under Modified General Community Quarantine (MGCQ), is currently enjoying a downtrend in the number of new infections since March.

As of May 3, the latest bulletin from the Department of Health in Central (DOH-7) showed that the locality only has 819 active cases of COVID-19. /dcb

Read more: https://cebudailynews.inquirer.net/376117/cebu-city-to-lift-liquor-ban-but-biz-told-to-still-follow-health-protocols#ixzz6ttbFQlMn

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Finally, about time that the "experts" realize that alcohol kills the corona virus.   :hystery:

• Haha 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Mike J said:

Finally, about time that the "experts" realize that alcohol kills the corona virus.   :hystery:

I can confirm this - I've been drinking alcohol since my late teens and have never caught Covid!

• Haha 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Mike J said:

9 hours ago, hk blues said:

I can confirm this - I've been drinking alcohol since my late teens and have never caught Covid!

I can confirm as well. When the bars were open the last time I was out almost every night and never caught it nor did the many other people who visited the venue. If they did then I would have to have been contacted through the contact tracing. So drink up and enjoy.

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

So drink up and enjoy.

OK, will do later.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

OK, will do later.