Green Zone

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

I received a notice supposedly from the Bureau of immigration that they are thinking of creating a Green Lane for arrivals, that have had COVID vaccinations in their home country, thereby negating the need for Quarantine in the Philippines.

True, or False please?

• Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, Onemore52 said:

I received a notice supposedly from the Bureau of immigration that they are thinking of creating a Green Lane for arrivals, that have had COVID vaccinations in their home country, thereby negating the need for Quarantine in the Philippines.

True, or False please?

Currently is just a proposal.   May or may not happen, I would not hold my breath. :tongue:

https://www.pna.gov.ph/articles/1142374

The Bureau of Immigration (BI) is supporting the proposal to allow fully vaccinated foreign nationals to enter the country as part of efforts to revive the country’s ailing tourism industry and reopen the country’s borders.

In a statement, Commissioner Jaime Morente said they agree with the setting up of a “green lane” for vaccinated aliens in the different ports to pave the way for the reopening of tourist destinations to leisure travelers if the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF) deems it viable.

“If approved by the IATF, we in the Bureau support this initiative by the Department of Tourism (DOT) as it will not only resuscitate our tourism industry. It will also generate employment for millions of Filipinos who lost their jobs due to the pandemic,” he said.

He added that aside from the tourism and travel industry, opening the country’s borders to international leisure travelers will also hasten the revival of the commercial aviation and shipping industries whose businesses suffered a beating from the pandemic.

“Once these ‘green lanes’ are set up, operations in our international airports and seaports hopefully will begin to return to normal,” Morente said.

Earlier, Tourism Secretary Bernadette Romulo Puyat asked the IATF to approve the setting of the “green lanes” to facilitate the re-employment of tourism workers and revive the tourism industry under safe conditions.

She said the scheme would allow vaccinated foreign travelers to visit the country for leisure as quarantine rules are being relaxed while the government undertakes a massive vaccination rollout for its citizens nationwide.

The DOT chief added that the Philippines should keep pace with its neighbors and the rest of the world in slowly reopening the country’s tourist destinations.

The BI is part of the small working group, headed by the DOT and Department of Foreign Affairs, which was formed to study the feasibility of implementing the “green lane” scheme and formulate related health protocols.

Other members of the group are the Bureau of Quarantine, Department of Information and Communications Technology, Department of Transportation, Office of the Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process, Overseas Workers Welfare Administration, and Department of Trade and Industry

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

As of June 3rd all fully vaccinated persons arriving in the Philippines must undergo 7 day facility based quarantine.  I guess the hotel industry got their way or complete lack of common sense prevailed.

https://www.officialgazette.gov.ph/downloads/2021/06jun/20210603-IATF-RESO-119-RRD.pdf

a. An individual shall be considered has having been fully
vaccinated for COVID-19:
i. ≥ 2 weeks after having received the second dose in a 2-
dose series, or
ii. ≥ 2 weeks after having received a single-dose vaccine.
iii. Vaccines administered to the individual are included
either in the Philippine Food and Drug Administration
Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) List or through a
Compassionate Special Permit (CSP).

c. All arriving fully vaccinated individuals shall be required to
undergo a seven (7) –day facility-based quarantine upon
arrival, with the day of arrival being the first day.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

lack of common sense

OMW, check me on this but para B,2  seems to say that this is only applicable to those Jabbed in the Philippines.....hope I am reading this wrong

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, scott h said:

OMW, check me on this but para B,2  seems to say that this is only applicable to those Jabbed in the Philippines.....hope I am reading this wrong

Yes, you are right, and that was mentioned in the FB post where I first became aware of this, but I didn't quite catch it at the time.

Dumb and Dumber Part To came out in 2014.  I think it is time for Dumb and Dumber Part Tree!  :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Yes, you are right,

There goes the thought of jetting to the states get Jabbed and jet back.....

OK< OK> OK lets be positive here :popcorn: at least its progress,,,maybe by 2023 they will get it together :wink:

See I am trying real hard to look at the bright side,,,but my flashlight ran out of batteries :hystery:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

I just read the official notice “whereas” I didn’t have access to it before, and sure enough as mentioned by other members it is written “whereas” only for people jabbed in the Philippines., funny how they expect arriving tourists to have had the jab prior to arriving in the Philippines, if there is some logic there i really don’t mind if someone points it out to me.

Whereas they are protecting the hotels by continuing the 7 day lockdown, at least it isn’t 14 days whereas it is here in Australia, whereas I know an Aussie who runs a government approved hotel in Manila, so I can throw my hard earned his way, that is of course if we are ever allowed out.

Whereas all countries might develop, or resurrect the old yellow International vaccination book, but that would be a sensible thing to do.

Whereas when I was serving on the grey funnel line their favourite word for official word was “promulgated”  instead of whereas.

• Haha 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic