13a Visa in Manila (Intramuros) - checked!

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic
  • Jollygoodfellow unlocked this topic
Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
On 6/21/2021 at 5:02 PM, Gandang Smile said:

On my last visit this Monday (yesterday) I picked up my passport and was told that my new ACR I-card would be released this coming Friday.

Its Friday.  Did you get it?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 6/22/2021 at 8:02 AM, Gandang Smile said:

All in all, the whole experience deserves a solid 8. Every visit to a public office, including the NBI and the BI, has been hassle-free and never lasted more than a couple of hours, including the queuing and the waiting. My wife managed to obtain a couple of last-minute requirements on the spot by visiting government satellite offices at the malls (great idea!).

There might be one good thing that the pandemic introduced to the Philippines!  Better organization at government offices through appointments, online services, etc.  Let's just hope they can speed up the flow moving forward!

I had not paid my SBMA CUSA (like an HOA fee) for 5 months until yesterday.  At the SBMA cashier office, they now have a electronic number system where you press a button to get a number ticket, then a big electronic display on the wall tracks the queue and tells you which window to go to when it is your turn!  Just like private businesses such as banks.  Amazing!

• Like 1

Gandang Smile
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Its Friday.  Did you get it?

Didn't go...got busy with work. Monday na lang...

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

There might be one good thing that the pandemic introduced to the Philippines!  Better organization at government offices through appointments, online services, etc.  

Yes...and no.

It's an ongoing bugbear of mine that not all organisations are set up for online payment, including Philhealth.

So, I was delighted to see Philhealth have fixed this. However...you first have to complete forms and then take them to your local Philhealth office, despite the blurb stating the online payment option was set up to ensure folk didn't need to go out. And, the set up requires you to enter income - a significant proportion of self-paying members are not working, if they were most would be employees so wouldn't be self-paying. And, the payment isn't done through banks unlike other organisations, it's through something known as IPay- Maya or similar. 

In short, progress but over complicating something that can be so simple. I gave up and I'll continue to pay in SM!

Gandang Smile
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

There might be one good thing that the pandemic introduced to the Philippines!  Better organization at government offices through appointments, online services, etc.  Let's just hope they can speed up the flow moving forward!

I had not paid my SBMA CUSA (like an HOA fee) for 5 months until yesterday.  At the SBMA cashier office, they now have a electronic number system where you press a button to get a number ticket, then a big electronic display on the wall tracks the queue and tells you which window to go to when it is your turn!  Just like private businesses such as banks.  Amazing!

Baby steps, in the right direction nonetheless.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gandang Smile said:

Baby steps, in the right direction nonetheless.

Agreed, but why, why, why do they want to reinvent the wheel every time?  They are so late to the party and should simply be adopting best practice but nope.

Many things have improved, and are improving, here but customer service is still not a priority. I'm sorry to report that it's 1 step forward and half a step backward much of the time as far as I can see.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, hk blues said:

They are so late to the party and should simply be adopting best practice but nope.

I honestly think one of the primary reason may be that efficient systems tend to use fewer employees.  Fewer employees need fewer managers.  :whistling:

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Mike J said:

I honestly think one of the primary reason may be that efficient systems tend to use fewer employees.  Fewer employees need fewer managers.  :whistling:

Of course.

I sometimes feel that whilst they have no choice but to progress, and in many cases even want to, as the actual mechanics are developed they cannot help but add in a few extra steps of bureacracy for good measure. Each step creates/protects a few more jobs.

• Like 1