Vaccine value on the World stage.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Aiming off for a visa run next February as my 3yrs will be up I did a quick check up on nearby Asian countries I may hole up in if there's an issue still with coming back into the Philippines.

I was surprised to see some Asian countries that were looking to open up listing what vaccines they accept as a prerequisite for entry and Sinovac and some other vaccines weren't listed. 

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I was surprised to see some Asian countries that were looking to open up listing what vaccines they accept as a prerequisite for entry and Sinovac and some other vaccines weren't listed. 

Just when a guy thinks he is fully vaccinated he finds a "Chink" in his armour. :whistling:

• Haha 5

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

"Chink" in his armour.

lolololol

groan.jpg

• Haha 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Just when a guy thinks he is fully vaccinated he finds a "Chink" in his armour. :whistling:

I think Dave needs needs to spend some time in the corner with his nose in the circle. :hystery:

• Haha 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Aiming off for a visa run next February as my 3yrs will be up I did a quick check up on nearby Asian countries I may hole up in if there's an issue still with coming back into the Philippines.

Thanks for this Snowy, there will be many like myself most interested in this subject, please keep us informed.

• Like 3

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)

There was a similar issue with the Indian produced version of the Astra Zeneca vaccine not being accepted for the Euro zone... that is being (has been?) fixed by the Indian licensed makers submitting more information about the vaccine trials and production but that might not be as easy with Sinovac...

NB I don't think many of recent Covax Astra Zeneca deliveries to the Philippines would have been Indian sourced because India stopped exporting once their local case numbers increased steeply.  More likely to be from Great Britain, the EU and Australia.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 3

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Problem is its ever changing so what open now may not be in February. Yes there is an issue coming back for tourist at the moment but who knows when that will change. Best you marry someone and take her with you to make it easier to get back if things are still the same later.

I think I'll take my chance with Covid and not getting back than getting married. :shock_40_anim_gif:

• Haha 4

hk blues
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

I think I'll take my chance with Covid and not getting back than getting married. :shock_40_anim_gif:

Joking apart (even if you weren't actually joking) It is a serious issue that might haunt many of us for a long time.  Whilst being vaccinated with the "non-approved" vaccines will work for life in the Philippines, it may not if we wanted to go outside.  But, what to do - I'll still choose Sinovac if that's what I'm offered.

• Like 5

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted

I had the Sinovac and am happy that at least I have been vaccinated. But I think it could well be a problem for travel back to the UK, which I hope to be able to do next May. If there will be a chance to pay to have another jab privately, which I think will be possible once the majority of the Phil’s population is vaccinated, then I would prefer one of the others like Astra Zeneca.  Providing it would be acceptable for travel to the UK, which might be doubtful as the UK do not currently accept vaccinations given abroad. It also seems that an additional dose of a different vaccine might well boost the effectiveness of vaccines generally.

• Like 3

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic